• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG logo export options for Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export a logo at a few different sizes- this logo has text in a circle. When I go to export the logo as a PNG, I have the options for resolution and anti-aliasing. When I select the different anti-aliasing options (optimize for text or optimize for image), either the circle becomes very pixely and disappears at a smaller size, or the text becomes illegible. I'm not sure if this is an anti-aliasing issue or a resolution issue. I asked someone else and they said the issue was because the logo was in a circle. If I rasterize the image in Illustrator, the entire design becomes jagged with pixels.

What are the best options to export the logos as PNGs in terms of anti-aliasing options and resolution? The design is around 7x7 inches, the other sizes I'm trying to export are 5x5, 3x3, 1.5x1.5, and .5x.5 inches.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

PNG is a raster format, so you have to expect pixels in it.

PNG is usually meant for presentation on screen and it's best to export it at the size you need.

For printing, save it as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is a raster format, so you have to expect pixels in it.

PNG is usually meant for presentation on screen and it's best to export it at the size you need.

For printing, save it as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I prevent it from being too pixelated though? Since I'm using curved lines/circles it would look best with minimal pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When it's too small you will always see a lot of pixels.

How large will the PNG be used on the website?

And please show the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines