Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Large Illustrator files when copying files to a new document

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We work with physically large files like 200+ inches wide for vehicle wraps, full wall wraps etc. When I break them down with a mask to the size out printer uses. For taking a graphic from 200" file making the mask at 26" and wanting to place it in a new 52" document so I can blow it up to 200% of it's original size. I get the following message and then it changes the size from 26" to 25.1006" which isn't the size I originally started with then I get a message "Artwork exceeds the canvas bounds and will be scaled to fit properly." This is not an option we can have as our files need to be the exact size we spec'd them to be so they fit our vehicle or wall that we are wrapping. We really do need to get this fixed ASAP. This didn't happen with the previous version I was running. Please note we are running on Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.1 and Illustrator 25.2.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached are better screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like you'd better report it as a bug: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

One thing you could try is if "Paste in Place" works better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check you are not copying guides as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, all my guides are locked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines