• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prominet colors do not match colors in the image when trying to recolor

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the recolor tool, I am unable to recolor anything because my image is not registering or something. For some reason it is not reading my prominent colors correctly, if you look at the image the color is wrong. As a result I have no colors to select and change. It is impossible to change the color of an image

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Illustrator can recolor vector art but not raster images. 

You can select the image and choose Edit Original in the Links panel menu to edit it in Photoshop.

Alternatively, you could Image Trace the image to convert it to vector. After that it can be recolored However, Image Trace may not be accurate enough for what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this small section of a screenshot it is not possible to help you.

Also: please describe step by step what you are doing, what you are expecting and what is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot shows that the prominent colors are not matching whats in my image. 

I am selecting the image, edit, edit colors, recolor artwork then that is what comes up and it does not match the prominent colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a vector it is an image from outside that I need to recolor. How can illustrator not do such a basic task? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Illustrator is not an image editor like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @jonathan CONN,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Ton, Recolor can only be used on vector files in Illustrator. To do this with your raster files, you can first try converting your raster files to vectors in Illustrator (https://adobe.ly/4b2DWwW), and then using Recolor.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator can recolor vector art but not raster images. 

You can select the image and choose Edit Original in the Links panel menu to edit it in Photoshop.

Alternatively, you could Image Trace the image to convert it to vector. After that it can be recolored However, Image Trace may not be accurate enough for what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines