• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: The document could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with different name or in a different folder

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but only with CS5.5 when I'm using Illustrator. It drives me MAD as I have to then have multiple files and remember which one I really am using/working on. There needs to be a fix for this. I didn't have the issue until Win 10 and just a few months ago. I haven't had the issue with my CS6 versions...yet. PLEASE provide an update to fix this. I am in IT and have checked all permissions, no preview panes...nothing is wrong or abnormal, it just won't let me save over a file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

5.5 with win 10, not a good decision for an amateur, and you work in IT

Older versions of Adobe Illustrator system requirements

You cannot expect expect an older application that has never been updated for a newer OS, to run smoothly. You will need to downgrade you OS or upgrade Creative suite, or live with this issue and possibly more.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get this sometimes when saving to my work network. it usually doesn't last very long, so I don't know what to do except put it down to network gremlins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.5 with win 10, not a good decision for an amateur, and you work in IT

Older versions of Adobe Illustrator system requirements

You cannot expect expect an older application that has never been updated for a newer OS, to run smoothly. You will need to downgrade you OS or upgrade Creative suite, or live with this issue and possibly more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HsSrvnt,

As suggested by Mike, CS 5.5 is a very old product and it was never designed or tested on newer OS like Windows 10.

You are facing issues because of the compatibility between the app and the OS. I am afraid, updates for CS product would not be released in future. You can either upgrade to CC or downgrade the OS.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while that might be the case in this instance, i've also seen this message with Windows 10 and Illustrator 2017/18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

This could be related to the network like you mentioned. It's expected in such scenario. However, this thread seems to be a compatibility issue.

Illustrator support for networks and removable media

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed we are seeing this on the Mac with High Sierra & CC2018, and this issue is probably one that has gone on the longest without a 100% fix. There also seem a good amount of people who have have older software with a newer OS and are getting by fine (eg: a computer that only does vinyl cutting and nothing else).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines