• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replicate/Duplicate a shape evenly spaced and aligned

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, until a few days ago I was using Serif Draw Plus, so I'm very new to illustrator.

In Serif Draw I could draw a box or a circle (or any shape) then click on 'replicate'. It would ask me how many rows and columns I wanted of the shape and the distance between each row and column of the shape.

Is there are function like this in Illustrator?

I know how to do a basic replicate of a shape, but I still have to then spend time aligning all the objects manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Object>Transform or Effect>Transform which will give you a panel with similar options. The first will give multiple objects, the second will give replicas which can be expanded into hard objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways you could do this, but I think that none are as efficient as in SerifDraw.

You may like to use the Blend command. Start by creating two objects.

Select both and choose Object > Blend > Make.

To customize the blend choose Object > Blend > Blend Options. (You can set up blend options either before making the blend or afterwards.)

Illustrator has an Align panel (WIndow > Align). Be sure to show options to Show Options which will allow you to specify spacing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are various Illustrator scripts available for step and repeat…

Re: Step and repeat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines