• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing image to 40 pixels without losing quality

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to scale a bunch of logos down to 40x40 pixels and exporting them to PNGs. They'll be placed on an online map as markers. I'm having soooo much trouble scaling them down without losing a significant amount of quality. I've tried messing around with turning them into vectors, but I haven't had much luck. Any advice? (more detail is better, I don't have much experience with illustrator). 

note: I do have all the other adobe apps as well, so if you think that one of those would work better for this then I can definitely try that too.
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

I am not sure what you mean by quality. 40 x 40 pixels is small and you are natually going to lose a large amount of information as you scale down from a larger size. That being said, Illustrator is not the best at creating .pngs so if it is the .png that is the issue versus the scaling itself, you might want to take it into Photoshop and export from there. The Photoshop engine seems to export clearer .pngs and you do have more export options to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure what you mean by quality. 40 x 40 pixels is small and you are natually going to lose a large amount of information as you scale down from a larger size. That being said, Illustrator is not the best at creating .pngs so if it is the .png that is the issue versus the scaling itself, you might want to take it into Photoshop and export from there. The Photoshop engine seems to export clearer .pngs and you do have more export options to play with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines