• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ridiculous Illustrator glitch that gets no attention

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to post about this glitch for weeks and no solution yet (Can someone from Adobe tech support do anything or this glitch has no cure and subscription fees do not help to cure it?

I have the latest Illustrator and the latest OSX on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

once in a while I had this glitch, when after selecting a text frame I would get it deselected and a text box with garbled letters, corresponding to previously selected text block is pasted. Now it has gradually gotten worse, I can barely work now! How come that such a nice and advanced software has this very basic glitch that makes it imposible to work, and I wrote in forum and talked to people and still nothing is getting done? Updates do not fix it. All other software from Creative Cloud works fine....

With the bestestest wishes! )
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reproduce it reliably?

Can you share a screenshot?

It may be that it is not getting fixed because very few experience it. I haven't heard of anything similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I never heard of it myself before it happened to me )))) And here I did not see anyone experience it, that's what is so weird, because I have a fairly regular setup, all updates etc, no extra plugins or tweaks. It could be some new feature that triggers this glitch, it is very specific, only happens with text blocks. So here, I typed your name, copied it, selected 2 text blocks and boom, it spit out this garble. If you look at letters, it is what I wrote but in Unicode sybbols or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'selected 2 text blocks'? Can you list exactly what you are doing step-by-step?

Can you share a screenshot of your whole workspace? Use the 'insert photo' button rather than the 'attach files' area below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I wrote a line of text, with your name, then I copy-pasted it, so I had 2 separate text  blocks. Then I used a standart select tool, clicking on one text block, then on another, as if I was about to group them for example. And as soon as 2 text blocks are selected simultaneously it make this glich go off, I have a light system sound, both objects are deselected and I have a garble pasted sporadically. Feel as if a macro is triggered))) Here is a more advanced screen shot.scr2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you close all other software? Do you have any kind of clipboard enhncement tool installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut down everything except safari and Illustrator, no changes ( I do not use any extra addons or plugins or enhancements machinewide... I feel like it is some feature inside Illustrator that should be turned off, like someone advised me here to tick off SVG support option in clipboard memory and it did help for some time, but them it came back with vengeance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update!

This issue still rersists - even though I update via Creative Cloud regularly. At home on Windows workstation there is no problem, so it seems to be only this Mac setup that has this issue. I removed Illustartor and preferences, reinstalled it, and things got worse - now I have garbled text pasted even if I select 2 or more vector shapes. ( And still no other people in the world seem to have this promlem ( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to report a bug, please use: http://illustrator.uservoice.com

If you want  Customer Care totake a look into your system, please use: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines