• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click inside artboard is not working

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the tools right click, i mean, in the artboard. Since i've upgraded my illustrator to CC 2015 in Os X El Capitan (Public Beta 6) the rigth click menu disappear. I need to uninstall and the install again an then works, but when i close the program and opened again, the menu again disappear. This is the menu that i don't found. (I took a screenshot when it works)

Sorry for my english, i don't remember because i was depported again to Mexico. 00000001.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I have a Retina MacBook Pro running and a Thunderbolt Monitor running OSX 11 (GM Build 15A282b). Right Clicking does not bring up the contextual menu as expected and like you re-installing Illustrator causes it to work the first time it's opened after that but all subsequent times the functionality is gone. If I disconnect the monitor and open illustrator without an external monitor the functionality returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you want to post it here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noting to add but "me, too."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here!!!, stop working, it is annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MX mola mas que USA!!!

Y creo que Affinity Designer más que Illustrator.
Habrá que migrar a ambos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El Capitan is still beta. That means in development. Even if this should be a bug in Illustrator, it can't be fixed at the moment.

Some notes on being a beta tester:

OS X El Capitan beta: What you need to know | Macworld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it isn't in beta so perhaps you should have your facts before posting. Also, please note that posting information such as yours doesn't really add anything to this discussion other than keeping your post count high.

If you read through the responses you would have noticed that I also gave the build number that I was experiencing it on which was the gold master that went out of beta last week. This is the only reason I haven't commented on this prior because since I did experience it on my development box and not my production boxes it wasn't something to post here. Now that 10.11 has been released it is a production issue and no longer a dev issue.

This is an Illustrator issue and has been an Illustrator issue for the last 4-5 developer beta builds. Further, even if the system version was still in beta development – now that Apple has been releasing public beta's of their OS – it's discussion would no longer be covered under NDA for some. Discussing here would be the proper venue and would alert Adobe to a potential bug that they might not know exists. In my experience with Adobe, Illustrator bugs tend to take longer to identify and fix and even major issues with recent releases of Adobe Software or Apple Software aren't caught by them for several months after release and then take way too long to patch.

Also, even outside of discussing the matter, a bug can be patched at any point in a development cycle. Just because an OS is in beta doesn't mean that resources shouldn't be spent on ensuring a software product doesn't function as intended on the beta. Often times developers, including even major publishers, will release updates to squash bugs or offer new feature of an OS prior to the release or on the same day. To say it can't be fixed while in beta is simple wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meekero schrieb:

Actually it isn't in beta so perhaps you should have your facts before posting.

At least Apple believes they have not yet published El Capitan, so all currently installed versions are still beta versions:

Apple — OS X El Capitan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will concede on that point, the GM did not in fact not go to production on Tuesday. I thought it did and obviously I was in error. The rest still stands however and your post adding nothing to the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, El Capitan definitely isn't in beta anymore, so...

Right click doesn't work in Adobe Illustrator when using more than one monitor. Disconnecting extra displays fixes the bug immediately, reconnecting makes it return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! Problem solved disconnecting second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped! Apparently some people have to disconnect and restart in order for the right click to return… But I'm sure Adobe will fix this in the next update, this is a pretty big bug that likely affects quite a few users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually found that right click doesn't work with two monitors ONLY if my secondary monitor is located on the left-hand side of main monitor (under system preferences > display > arrangement). If the secondary display is located to the right, right clicking seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested that suggestion and moved my displays so that my left hand secondary monitor is on the right (with system preferences, not physically!) and you are right - the right click now works in Illustrator! But obviously this is a poor solution as now the mouse 'stops' between the monitors as now you have configured them the wrong way around. So I had to switch back to the original arrangement of the displays, but hopefully this will offer people an idea when they are looking into this bug. Has anyone heard back from Apple / Adobe? I haven't even though I reported the issue a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually switched my secondary monitor to the right because of this Not an optimal solution even if I seem to like this arrangement better…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me. I just updated to OS X from 10.10 (Yosemite) to the official release of 10.11 (El Capitan) and the right-click context menu has gone in Illustrator CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same thing, i gues, it is a OS X issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of no right clicks allowed in Illustrator when using a cinema display with my MB Pro. And I am using the official release of El Cap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. Seems pb occurs irrespective of mouse driver; I tried with the touchpad, Magic mouse(BT), Logitech MX(unified receiver driver), Corsair-USB, and logitech Trackman Marble(Proprietary receiver driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with a dual (or more) monitor setup and is the Illustrator window on the second monitor? Try dragging the AI window to the primary monitor and check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me on the primary monitor. This will force me to learn the keyboard shortcuts though, so I might end up winning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem occurs in dual monitor mode (apple 27" thunderbolt). Dragging to primary does not help.

I need to reboot without 2nd monitor attached for the right-click to work, but as soon as I plug the 2nd monitor, right-clicks stops working on either one.

Unplugging the 2nd monitor does not restore the right-click on the fly, only a reboot with 2nd monitor unplugged fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines