• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right Click inside artboard is not working

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the tools right click, i mean, in the artboard. Since i've upgraded my illustrator to CC 2015 in Os X El Capitan (Public Beta 6) the rigth click menu disappear. I need to uninstall and the install again an then works, but when i close the program and opened again, the menu again disappear. This is the menu that i don't found. (I took a screenshot when it works)

Sorry for my english, i don't remember because i was depported again to Mexico. 00000001.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 109 Replies 109
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered my own question:  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The temporary solution is described here: El Capitan update seems to have broken my right click just in Illustrator.... Any help would be appr...

My external monitor is set to be on left. I haven't used automator to delete the file which causes the problem and I do it manually each time when I run Illustrator with external monitor on the left. Again, the file you need to delete is located in ~Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings/en_US/WSMgrCfg/WSMgrCfg

Do not touch the folder itself, jus the file. Do not afraid to delete it. After relaunch of the Illustrator it appears again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, this file creates when you close the Illustrator. So you have to delete the file and open lllustrator to make the contest menu work with the left-set-external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution

Thanks to my co worker, hopefully this helps others. I had not updated to El Capitan when this bug began. What had happened is Ai updated and forgot my monitor preferences, or changed  the way their monitor preferences work.

Previously I could work from any monitor (whether it was the primary monitor or not) and click in whatever monitor .ai was launched in. The display was automatically detected and it would show me the tool panel in that window. He saw in the my third monitor, in the right corner, a portion of the tool bar was showing up.

This is how we sort of got it to work:

Close .ai. Open settings, displays, arrange displays. Drag the header of the primary display to whatever monitor you want to use as your primary display. Launch .ai, it should appear in the window you set as the primary. Things should work fine from there.

I haven't had the issue since, but why it happened blows my mind. After doing that, I could move the environment around and use it on any monitor with right click available on every display. I think it was registering the right clicks on another screen. Odd fix, but I haven't had any problems since. I also havent updated to El Capitan, when I do, I'll report back any errors and fixes I find (assuming the issue presents itself again).

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 8.29.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for fix the bug already, please.

Thanks to everyone posting their solutions.

None of the workarounds have been effective in my case so far: macbook pro + thunderbird display + el capitan update + illustrator cc 2015 = cannot right click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!! with 2 screen! ADOBE WAKE UP!!! Your applications are too expensive to be full of bugs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe it! Now I'm in panic. I just upgraded to a new macbook pro, connected two new monitors via thunderbolt, updated my OS to El Capitan, and just purchased and installed the latest Illustrator CC.. now I find that I can't right click, so I can't perform my work efficiently... come on Adobe, what's up with that!! seems that this has been going on for a while and there is no correction yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, I got mine working useing the monitors on the right side of the laptop fix. So annoying. I have two displays next to my laptop. one via HDMI and one via thunderbolt. as long as they are configured on the right side then right click works just fine. As soon as one of them moves to the left in display properties the problem immediately comes back regardless of what monitor is primary or which screen illustrator is on. Running El Capitan on a current model 15" Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe, this bug has been up since 2months back by now and it's getting frustrating to not be able to right click inside Illustrator.

You have not you even giving us an update on whats wrong and when it will be fixed? This is a serious issue, don't you think?

Paying to use Illustrator which doesn't work the way it suppose to. Not nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and when I contacted Adobe support they said they are aware of the issue and their engineers are working on it. It should be fixed with the next update to Illustrator coming in December. No specific date was given. At first the support person said update your graphics card to which I laughed as this is a complete joke. It doesn't seem to be a big enough issue for them to fix with a non-scheduled update. Oh well, will wait and see what comes in the next few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still using the Automator wSMgrCfg deletion work around.  Has anyone had any luck uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator?  Should I try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, me too. Same problem. I run a Wacom Cintiq and this fault has made it nearly useless. Normally I work on my iMac then transfer over to the wacom but I have to unplug my Wacom to have right click.

Adobe, doesn't Apple give you new OS's in order for you to test it out? How could something this big slip by you guys. You've made my job very difficult and frustrating over the last few months. You keep this kind of oversight up and you'll have people leaving you in droves. I've been a faithful Adobe customer for the last 7 years and this lack of customer service has me looking elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leaf I understand your frustration.

Have you setup the workaround so that you can get right click back?  If you haven't I can walk you through it so you can return to a little bit of normality in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! I thank myself for my patience. But also, thanks for addresing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to the latest Illustrator and CC, I still have this issue. The version mentioned by Adobe employee AshutoshChaturvedi either does not fix this issue, or there is a regression in later versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am still having an issue. I've only had my MacBook Pro for 4 months before this started happening. I have the full paid version of Adobe CS6, and the "right click" issue ONLY happens when I have a second larger montior connected, and ONLY in Illustrator does this happen. This is extremely annoying, as I use the "right click" short cut ALL THE TIME. I've followed instructions on how to properly uninstall my Adobe CS6 Suite, and have now done 3 fresh installs. To no avail, this has not helped my issue. And yes, my CS6 Suite is updated as well. I'm beginning to think this is more of a Mac issue than an Adobe/Illustrator issue. Very frustrating... The reason I bought a Mac in the first place was to shorten my time, not make it worse. And yes, I will be getting on the phone with Apple, when I have the proper time. Getting on the phone is sometimes just as challenging, so any advice here is greatly appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just update your software, OS X to 10.11.4 and latest adobe update. it might help, at least helped me, and now there is another issue might be, overheating of power secondary heatsink. but its not critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup... Of course I most definitely did that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've noticed that its better to install CC pack, while all of your peripheral stuff is connected, incl secondary monitor. try to uninstall Adobe suite with adobe suite cleaner and reinstall with everything connected. That should help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a late 2014 27 Retina iMac, El Capitan 10.11.5 with a 2nd 27 Apple display via thunderbolt. I work in Illustrator CS6.

This issue crops up for me every couple months. The fix that works for me is:

1. Unplug the Thunderbolt connection for the 2nd display,

2. Turn off my iMac, wait 30 seconds,

3. Plug in the Thunderbolt for the 2nd display, boot up

After this the issue is gone for a month or two . . . even though I reboot every day.

Weird and annoying but at least this is an easy fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. Updated for a long time and it is off and on. Working. Not working. Ridiculous in my opinion. Incredibly frustrating. I cant even hold control and get the drop down menu. PLEASE ADVISE or FIX. Tried restarting and everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Welcome back right click! The latest Illustrator CC update (2015.2.0 release) fixed the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines