• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

right click not working in CC 2015 version

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having this issue?  Works okay for some of my friends, and not for others, including me.  Unable to select an object and right click to bring up transformation options, must use the dropdown.  Yes I am all updated, yes I restarted my computer...on a Mac OS X.  Beta testing El Capitan but friends who are on Yosemite having the same issue and friends on PC’s as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Hello,

We have fixed this issue in our latest CC 2015.2 update. Please apply the patch using Adobe Creative Cloud application.

If you do not see the patch right away

1. Go to Adobe Creative Cloud application
  2. Click on the Gear icon on the top right
  3. From the menu select “Check for App Updates”

Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deb,

How about just ClickHold with the left button and see them fly out? That is (still) the usual way.

You can also Alt/OptionClick to go through them one by one, but the way mentioned above ought to work, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob but thats not really the issue, yes I can hold down the left button and rotate an object, but I cannot right click and see the other options available in the transform menu.  This is a screen shot from PS.  When I am in transform mode, which would be similar to having an object selected in Illustrator, if I right click I can see the options within the transform menu for PS, that is no longer the case in Illustrator....for me anyway, working for some of my friends, not sure why it is not for me.  Looking for someone who has had this issue and fixed it.  I do a good deal of work in Illy and this is slowing me down having to go to the dropdown menu for each step.Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 5.16.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deb,

Sorry, I was misreading (too quick reading) the OP and thought of having alternative tolls flyout out in the Toolbox.

If no (other) good explanaion appears, you may try the list.

Sometimes, (certain) things may fail or stop working for no apparent reason. When the (other) possible reasons/cures fail to work, it may be some kind of (temporay or permanent) corruption, or even some inconvenient preference setting(s), which may be cured with something on the following list set up in an attempt to provide a catchall solution for otherwise unsolvable cases. It starts with a few easy and harmless suggestions 1) and 2) for milder cases, and goes on with two alternative ways 3) and 4) of resetting preferences to the defaults (easily but irreversibly and more laboriously but more thoroughly and also reversibly), then follows a list 5) of various other possibilities, and it ends with a full reinstallation 6). If no other suggestions work, or if no other suggestions appear, you may start on the list and decide how far to go and/or which may be relevant.

The following is a general list of things you may try when

A) The issue is not in a specific file,

B) You have a printer correctly installed, connected, and turned on if it is physical printer (you may use Adobe PDF/Acrobat Distiller as the default printer with no need to have a printer turned on, obviously you will need to specify when you actually need to print on paper), and

C) It is not caused by issues with opening a file from external media (see at the bottom).

You may have tried/done some of them already; 1) and 2) are the easy ones for temporary strangenesses, and 3) and 4) are specifically aimed at possibly corrupt/inconvenient preferences); 5) is a list in itself, and 6) is the last resort.

If possible/applicable, you should save current artwork first, of course.

1) Close down Illy and open again;

2) Restart the computer (you may do that up to at least 5 times);

3) Close down Illy and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (easy but irreversible);

4) Move the folder (follow the link with that name) with Illy closed (more tedious but also more thorough and reversible), for CS3 - CC you may find the folder here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator.html

5) Look through and try out the relevant among the Other options (follow the link with that name, Item 7) is a list of usual suspects among other applications that may disturb and confuse Illy, Item 15) applies to CC, CS6, and maybe CS5);

Even more seriously, you may:

6) A) Uninstall (ticking the box to delete the preferences if applicable), B) run the Cleaner Tool (if you have CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6/CC), and C) reinstall. It is important to use this full three step way: otherwise, things may linger.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob, I’m just going to try a fresh reinstall.....easiest I think...lol.  Was wondering if anyone else had the issue and resolved it, I am in the middle of some work at this moment but will try this a bit later and see if it helped   Thanks for your time and effort

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, deb.

I hope you will report your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Uninstalled also removing the preferences and YES!  It works now!  Yeah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting back, deb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, I did however have to do it all over again.  It was working fine then when I opened it today and set my workspace I had the issue again.  Going to see what happens if I don’t create my own workspace and save it.  I even deleted the prefs and it still did the same thing.  So I am not sure whats up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

debgrogan schrieb:

So I am not sure whats up.

El Capitan is beta software. You shouldn't expect it to work like it should.

Beta software should never be installed on production systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika, Beta testing on a production computer is kind of the point of beta testing.  So far the OS has preformed beautifully with only a few minor hiccups here and there....but that is not the point here. 

This beta test is not the issue, friends who are using other OS and PC’s are having the same issue.  The problem is with Illustrator 2105.  PS works well for me with this feature and does not for some of my friends, they are having the same issue there, so it is with this release.  I have sent a bug report to Adobe as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is transform in context menu on Yosemite/Illustrator CC(2015.1) - you're not seeing this?

Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-23 um 01.50.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am on the beta OS, however, PS is not doing it only Illustrator and my friends who have PC’s and different OS are having the same issue, it is not the OS that is the problem.....

But yes that is the menu that I cannot get.  I can only access it from the dropdown menu at the top of the program.  I uninstalled then reinstalled the software and it came back.  Then I created my own workspace and saved it and shut it down, last night.  When I opened it this am, same issue, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it yet again......will not create my own workspace and see if it resolves the issue.  If not I will just keep it open for awhile until I get my work done....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

debgrogan schrieb:

But yes that is the menu that I cannot get.  I can only access it from the dropdown menu at the top of the program.  I uninstalled then reinstalled the software and it came back.  Then I created my own workspace and saved it and shut it down, last night.  When I opened it this am, same issue, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it yet again......will not create my own workspace and see if it resolves the issue.  If not I will just keep it open for awhile until I get my work done....

It's quite difficult to follow you in what you're actually doing. Please read that text again and try to understand it.

What's actually crucial: Between uninstalling and reinstalling: use the Adobe Cleaner tool to get rid of any leftovers.

Also: when something's not working: set up a new user account and try from that one. User accounts may get corrupted. Of course this might happen more frequently in beta software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last time....The BETA OS IS NOT THE ISSUE.  My account IS NOT CORRUPT.......

It is not difficult to follow what I am talking about. " yes that is the menu that I cannot get.”...... I am VERY COMPUTER savvy and know how to uninstall a program correctly.  One does not need to use an Adobe cleaner tool if uninstalling from Creative Cloud, it prompts you to choose whether or not you wish to keep your preferences.  I also use Clean my Mac to rid it of any of the “leftovers”.......this was all covered by Jacob to begin with so you are not adding anything new to the conversation and as far as I am concerned we are done here.

I have reported this issue to Adobe as a bug as it most certainly is now that I have gone through various steps to rectify the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deb, others,

You may try to update the ElCapitan 10.11 build to 15A284 and see wether it solves the (possible) issues. First posted by Rama here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8064381#8064381

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob, am all updated and still having issue....only thing that solves it is trashing the prefs before starting.  Also had a recent update to Illy and now blob brush is not acting right.  Some research suggested the GPU a table but off or on, same thing......here is a screen shot, you can see the area where the blob had a mind of its own, even though seeing are all at “fixed” for that brush.  Happened with them all no matter what settings they were at.  Was fine until the update....Illustrator 21015 has some issues to say the least Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 7.27.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deb,

Did you reinstall your applications, and update drivers (including Wacom) and more (possibly Java), after updating El Capitan?

About the blob issue:

It sounds a bit like the Blob issue solved by Kurt with the Effect>Distort & Transform>Zig Zag (setting the Size to 0 and Ridges per Segment to 100 (you may get away with fewer, but there is no need to)).

In your version, it has probably been been moved to the Appearance palette (click the Stroke listing).

See post #4 in this rather old thread with a link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2619296#2619296

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so tried that and it seams to work, but the minute I lift my Wacom pen off the Cintiq, it resets to defaults  The whole Effect...etc,  Another issue is on many of the brushes, when I change the size to a much smaller brush using bracket keys, once I lift my pen the brush size changes back to the larger size before I reduced it...very frustrating.  That wasn’t happening until I updated Illy either

ugh.....Could go back to Yosemite, but do not think its going to make a difference....do not think it is the OS, I think it is  Illy......

Interestingly enough I keep getting emails from Parallels saying oh no, spend money and upgrade your Parallels software it will not work with El Capitan....I’ve been running it with Windows 7 still on it with no problems....lol....Funny thing is, I usually never have issues since going Apple 7 years ago.....

And yes, all my “stuff" is updated.....I am kind of OCD about that...lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deb,

The whole (non blob) matter is strange, because no reports came in before El Capitan, and all the complaints here have been with El Capitan (and on the Win side only with 10 from what I have understood from your posts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I am at a loss.......2015 launched back in June, around the 15th.  I started beta testing on the 14th of June....My issue with right click did not happen until August 21st.....so not sure who the issue is with, just want ti fixed....sadly Adobe blames Apple....but my problems didn’t start with the OS

My blob brush issue just started after the last Illustrator update I just did.  I was hoping it would fix the right click problem, but it made the brush issue happen for me

In the end it will all get worked out and its temporarily fixable to a point, so I won’t loose anymore sleep over it.....lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and by the way, disabling my GPU does help the issue of the blob brush defaulting size when I lift Wacom pen off the Cintiq, but still have issues with wonky appearance.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue in the latest 10.11 beta. The only fix is to completely delete the folder in /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings.  Starting up with the keystroke to reset the prefs don't work. Once you quit AI, you have to do it all over again. Same thing happens in AI CC 2014....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixes the issue for me.

Also just to throw in my 2c, it's not related to the operating system beta. It's an issue with preferences when upgrading from CC2014 -> CC2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, Yes, every time I restart the software I have to dump the prefs prior to, its very annoying because we have to reset our workspace etc.  I have filed a bug report but who knows how long it will take to fix....and no it has NOTHING to do with a beta os.....lol

Interesting enough though, you stated the problem happened with the switch from 2014 to 2015.....I tried going back to 2014 and had the same issue, I may try that again and make sure I dump the prefs first so there is nothing left.....and not let it sync any settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines