• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate Object - Reset to 0 degrees

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotation of an object does not "remember" how it was originally created if you use the Transform Rotate panel.  It would be great if you use this feature that it would remember the original orientation of the object (like in Flash).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, YES, YES. I think it would be great to extend this to all transform properties including position and scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is listening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue today, especially when trying to just hold shift and rotate which only snapped at the 45 but kept the wonky angle, so the comment above from macawesome about indesign made me think that this must similar with AI. I opened the transform window and found an option that shows your current object's angle (I'm assuming to its original registration) and that seems to work to reset rotation if you just type in your desired rotation or zero it out. This worked when the bounding box had been reset with your new angle, too.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 12.10.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 12.32.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for but I was on the look out for how to reset the image rotation to 0 degrees in Photoshop after I have rotated the image canvas using the touchscreen on my Surface Pro. Then I accidentally found this shortcut; all you have to do is press the Esc key then the image rotation will automatically reset to 0 degrees   And to reset zooming, you just use the Ctrl + 0 hotkey combination as shown in the View menu.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that the easiest/accurate way to do this while also reducing clicks is working with a grid and the rotate tool, see below...

1. Turn on your Grid - View> "Show Grid" OR Right Click "Show Grid"
  2. Turn on "Snap to Grid" - View>"Snap to Grid"
    • Now you don't have to fiddle with inaccurate rotations in the next steps
  3. Select object in need of rotating back to "0 Degrees"
  4. Move the objects corner point to snap to an intersection on the grid (rotating just got easier)
  5. Select the Rotate tool or "R" on the keyboard
  6. Relocate the "Rotate Cursor" to the same point you aligned to the grid
  7. Now click the opposing object end and rotate your object SNAPPING IT ZERO DEGREES TO THE GRID!!!

If someone knows a more effiicient way to do this without plugins i would loveeee to know. Hope this helps pixel pushers 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need the grid. Just use the Smart guides for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did : object - shape - convert to shape. It said that it could not convert to shape, but the box is straight now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 gang still not able to do this 🙁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@the_dudes  schrieb:

2023 gang still not able to do this 🙁

Illustrator does save rotation angles. But if you release groups or do certain other stuff after rotation then it can't.

Just use Smart Guides and the rotate tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This useless feature needs to be OFF by default in the settings. It's awlays back on when a new version comes out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Indyboosler  schrieb:

This useless feature needs to be OFF by default in the settings. It's awlays back on when a new version comes out. 

Which feature needs to be off? This thread is from 2009 and the original issue has been fixed long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines