Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SAVE and EXPORT does not work in Illustrator 2020 (24.1.1) on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have a very strange and annoying issue with the Illustrator. It just does not save anything, it does not show any errors, or any pop-ups. I try Save, Save as, Export... nothing..., Save as Copy also does not save anything... Export does not work.. When try "Close" it asks if I want to save the file than I click on Yes... and nothing happens either, nor save nor the illlustrator closes.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall, did all the updates in Creative Cloud, logged out and logged in, restarted computer several times. Nothing changes.

The weirdest thing is that it does not even show an error message, than it would be easier to inderstand what happens.

Here is a short video I recorded directly with my phone:

I use Adobe Illustrator 2020 (24.1.1) (64bit) on Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909)

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

SOLVED!!!

Hello everyone. After almost pulling my hair out trying to resolve this issue I found a solution that worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too.

I am operating out of an M1 Mac Mini. What finally worked was simply updating my system. Go to the apple logo on the top left corner of your screen / system preferences / software update. Check for any available updates. Close all of your programs, update your computer, let it restart, and done. I am now on MacOS 12.1 Monterey and illust

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

The open new page, save new page as blank. This worked for me; for now. The SAVE AS, NOT RESPONDING bug no more. Working fine now. Thanks, life-saver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue (not for the first time!) and it's driving me nuts. I'm using Illustrator 28.2, am on a MacBook pro with iOS 14.2.1. 

My Illustrator is updated, I've made sure the one plug-in I have installed is updated, I've cleared caches within my font manager. I've restarted my computer several times. And still, every time I try to export artboards (I've tried "export for screens" and "export as", and also tried exporting as jpgs vs. pngs) I get a bunch of named exported files that are empty.Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 1.14.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kgand129273495,

I understand how frustrating it can be to encounter issues with exporting artboards in Illustrator, especially when you've tried several troubleshooting steps without success. Let's work together to resolve this.

Here are a few additional steps you can try:

1. Disable or uninstall any plugins you have installed in Illustrator. Sometimes, plugins can conflict with the export process and cause unexpected behavior.

2. Ensure that both Illustrator and your macOS are updated to the latest versions.

3. Consider resetting Illustrator preferences to default settings. Corrupted preferences can sometimes cause issues with exporting.

If the problem persists, I recommend sharing a screen recording that captures the entire process, from attempting to export the artboards to opening the empty exported files in Finder. This will help us better understand the issue and provide targeted assistance.

By following these steps and providing more information through the screen recording, we can work towards resolving the issue and getting your export functionality back on track.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help!

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response! If I encounter this issue again, I'll make sure to screen record..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines