• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SAVE AS to DXF/DWG not appearing in menu

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to these options in the Save As drop down menu?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

so I didn't necessarily do anything other than quit/re-start both my Mac and the application. I was advised by AdobeCare to try retting my preferences, which I was about to attempt, but upon checking just now, the issue is fixed and I don't really know how or why those options are now restored (Export As). thanks for everyone's input. (I wish I had taken a screenshot earlier so people didn't think I was making it all up 😛 )

This can be marked as resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U can try file/export/export as...
If you use this option a lot, you can make a shortcut (edit/keyboard shortcuts) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

export  or save as DXF / DWG is not available as an option in Illustrator 2020; I still have a copy of Illustrator 2019 and the option appears there, however. Did something change? are these options something in the preferences that I have to enable in 2020 now? If so, I've never had to do that in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So has anyone come up with any solutions, or do I continue to use my older version of Illustrator instead of expecting it to work on Illustrator 2020 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be there. Something might have gone wrong when you installed Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, of course it should be there. are you suggesting I remove and re-install Illustrator 2020? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I didn't necessarily do anything other than quit/re-start both my Mac and the application. I was advised by AdobeCare to try retting my preferences, which I was about to attempt, but upon checking just now, the issue is fixed and I don't really know how or why those options are now restored (Export As). thanks for everyone's input. (I wish I had taken a screenshot earlier so people didn't think I was making it all up 😛 )

This can be marked as resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same problem. I'll try restarting my PC to see if the export option comes back.

UPDATE - restarting my PC didn't help. The full Export As options I used to have aren't showing up. All I have are JPG, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF, TXT.

UPDATE THE SECOND - So the file I was trying to export still doesn't show a DWG option. As an experiment I opened a file that I previously successfully exported, and I was able to do so again (DWG was once again in my Export As list). Realizing that this new file is 240 inches long, I wondered if there is a physical limit of the Canvas size that's causing my problem, and I believe that if the canvas size is over 227 inches wide then DWG is 'turned off.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me is I scaled my artwork 25% of it's original size, and pasted onto a new document, and there they were. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, this actually worked... who knew it mattered what size the drawing is??

OK then, I will hopefully remember this in the future! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS INFURIATING!

The design industry that works in experiential graphics within real full-scale architectural space has been SCREAMING at Adobe for YEARS to allow 1:1 full-scale drawings so we don't have to screw around with scaling drawings or using plugins like HotDoor CAD Tools to do so.

Just to take a dimension of something in a scaled drawing and having to do the conversion math all the time with vendors on the phone wanting sizes is an unncessary hassle. With a 1:1 drawing, you click an object and read its dimensions off from the Illustrator toolbar. Done.

And now, after they actually implement full-scale drawing within Illustrator, THEY TURN AROUND AND HOBBLE IT by removing exporting to CAD file formats at full-scale.

That makes absolutely no sense in terms of interoperability with AutoCAD.
You ALWAYS draw at full scale in AutoCAD.

What a giant pain in the a** this company can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You so much! It made my day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This solution worked for me. Adobe needs to address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines