Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool issue in Adobe Illustrator CC 2017

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have an issue with Adboe Illustrator CC 2017. Before the update, I was able to mark an object with the selection tool and direct selection tool (black and white selection arrow) by either clicking on its line/path or on its fill. Now for some reason the option to mark the object on its fill is unavailable. I cannot mark the object by clikcing in it´s body. I would like to move an object by clikcing/selecting the filled area of the object and move it around, it did work in the CC 2015 version, and has always worked. The example below contains several areas of different colors and shapes but with the issue of the selection tool, it becomes very difficult to select and move certain objects.

selection_troble2.PNG

Please advise. Is this a bug or just a feature that I accidentally turned on/off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Check if Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display > Object Selection by Path Only is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display > Object Selection by Path Only is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha, that simple! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that solved your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if the "object selection by path only" box is not checked and i still have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, this only happens when i make an object smaller. if i bring an object into the illustrator file at its normal size i can select it by the fill, however once i make it smaller i can no longer select it by the fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you start a new thread, this is from 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines