• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape Builder No Longer Working

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I'm coming to you with a rather unusual problem. I'm using Adobe Illustrator 2021 and I'm still getting accustomed to the program (really only started using it last week).

So, here's my issue. I'm trying to make a cactus and I need to use the shape builder to combine it the way I want to. But out of the blue, the tool just... stopped working? I don't really know how else to describe it. I tried shutting down Illustrator and restarting it, but that didn't work. I'm on a PC laptop on Windows 10. I included several screenshots for reference (sorry if they're out of order!). Any help is appreciated 🙂shape builder error part five.pngshape builder error part four.pngshape builder error part one.pngshape builder error part two.pngshape builder error part three.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

What happens if you turn on the Gap Detection in the Shape Builder options and experiment a bit with different Gap Length settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you turn on the Gap Detection in the Shape Builder options and experiment a bit with different Gap Length settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed the issue! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And a big thank-you to you, Joanne, for taking the time to accompany your request with relevant screenshots that immediately explain the situation in question.

A prime example that shows in a commendable way how precise questions make it pretty easy to provide possible solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines