Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance in Illustrator on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So this is an issue where AI lags at things like the stroke property, and sometimes selecting colors on a 16GB DDR4 Ryzen 5 system with a 2080 TI and I have reinstalled illustrator and Creative Cloud, but at best I fixed the issue for things with more simple drawings but when it comes to more complicated objects, adding stroke properties and such lags illustrator for 10+ seconds and starts working again for each increase in stroke. I have already deleted the preference folders, created a crash dump, but am unsure where the log files are to help identify the problem. Any tips on how to fix this? If needed I can provide the log files, but I need to know where they are.

Please reach out to me at this email: {Personal details removed by MOD}

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would request you to share some information like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where you are saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue? 
  • Have you tried toggling GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance?

Additionally, you may try the suggestions given here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu... I hope this helps. I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Anshul, our OS is Windows 10, I will get you the version of Illustrator but I am pretty sure it is the latest version as of this date; I dont believe this issue relates to a specific document as it happens with more complex drawings but doesnt happen with simple drawings. It started happening around June 9th, and no changes were made to the system at that point. I reset Illustrator preferences, uninstalled creative cloud, uninstalled illustrator, downgraded illustrator, then updated it all the way to the newest update but the issue persists. I have toggled the GPU performance, but no luck there. It could be something driver specific with the 2080Ti, if you have any related issues that have the same symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you please check if there is any windows update around the 9th of June? Did you notice any improvement in the performance of the Iluustartor under Safe Mode or Hidden Admin Account?

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey anshul, There have been no windows updates at or near the date. I have not tested the Safe mode or hidden admin account yet, I will get back to you when we will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to know if you still facing a slow performance issue, and did you try running the illustrator in Safe Mode and Hidden Admin Account yet?

Also, we have recently released an update for Illustrator 2021 (v 25.4.1), which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v25.4.1, then we recommend you to update to the latest version and share your observation with us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ended up being a corrupt project. Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear about that. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines