Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap document window to artboard size?

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

So this is a question about Illustrator, but bear with me...

In Photoshop, when you have a document open you can drag the window bigger/smaller, revealing the 'canvas' around your document.

If you then use 'CMD -' or 'CMD +' to zoom in or out of the document, the actual document window snaps back to the size of your PSD.

Illustrator acts differently - if you zoom in or out, the document window itself remains the same size - you just see more of less of the document's canvas around your artboard. It's a pain, as if you have several documents open that you want to be able to see at the same time, you have to individually re-size the document windows of each so they fit on screen at once.

Any way around this?  I know I can use 'Window > Arrange > Tile' but that just arranges the open documents into a grid.

I can also select 'View > Fit artboard in window' but that doesn't resize the window - it just resizes the artboard to fit... it still leaves the window as wide/tall as it was. I guess I want to do the opposite.

What I'm after is a way to 'fit' the document window to the size of the artboard - does such a thing exist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

The long answer is no.

Would have needed this myself on occasion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The long answer is no.

Would have needed this myself on occasion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer

Thanks Monika.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene/Monika,

I would request if one of you can share this feedback on Adobe Illustrator Feedback and paste the link here so that others can upvote it and we have a significant number of votes for this feature request.

The uservoice page is monitored by the engineering team and is one of the best ways of communicating with the Engineering teams regarding issues and suggestions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika - that's done

Vote for it here, folks!

Snap document window to artboard size – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what a waste of space it is not to have this option.  i came over to illustrator because i thought it would be more efficient for pattern design. back to photoshop. this should have been the most basic of viewing options. geez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines