• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap to line/edge in 2021

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot snap lines in 2021 like I used to. Before I could grab a point and it would pretty much stick to any part of a line. Now it only seems to snap to other points. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences > Smart Guides, what options are on or off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a calligraphic brush on my path. If I remove the brush stroke it works. It never used to be like this so I think it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the scenario you're looking for (smart guides snap and say 'path'), or something else?

Screenshot 2020-11-18 143008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Here is a video showing the problem. I remove the brush stroke and the snapping works?? https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3u4b0p21uha2cm/snap-problem.mov?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate that at all. Does it happen in that file or every file? Could you share a test file that demonstrates it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I can somehow reproduce the issue with calligraphic brushes in the latest Illustrator version on Mac OS 10.14.6. Apparantly it depends on the stacking order of the brush strokes.

For example, draw just two calligraphic brush strokes. Direct select an anchor point of the bottom brush stroke and drag it towards the path of the top brush stroke. It snaps.

Now direct select an anchor point of the top path and drag it towards the path of the bottom brush stroke. It does not (reliably) snap.

In more complex documents the general pattern obviously is:

• Reliable snapping: Anchor points from any calligraphic object to any calligraphic object above.
  • Unreliable snapping or non-snapping: Anchor points from any calligraphic object to any calligraphic object below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines