• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text in illustrator coverts to numbers and symbols automatically

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie with Adobe Illustrator,  and I really hope one of you can help.

I have an AI file with multiple boards, in each board, I have the text and some images that I've brought in from PDF files.

Each time I save the file close and reopen the text within the PDF has become" corrupt"  the font has changed and become a sequence of numbers and mathematical symbols.  each time I need to replace the images then of course upon reopening later the same thing has happened

when I use the find font function,  it seems that the open font type is causing the issue. however, these font  types don't actually exist when I initially save the file

Screenshot 2019-05-22 at 13.27.13.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

That is a weird issue with the font Calibri on a Mac and unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to change that in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has that PDF been exported from Excel?

Then don't use the font Calibri in Excel, but some other one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika ,

Thanks for your help! Yes, indeed they have been created in Excel or Word document originally

Is there any way from preventing illustrator from recognising as that font type, or will it automatically do this will all inserted PDF's? unfortunately, it will mean recreating around 50 new Images if I do it one by one

Thanks

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved my problem! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use Find Font to actually change the Calibri font to something else? Try doing this before you save the Illustrator file for the first time. Then close it and reopen and see if the new font you've used stays "as is".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, yes I tried that the last time but unfortunately even when saved with TT fonts it reverted back to the originals when I reopened it .

Thanks for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do understand that Illustrator is not a pdf editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Sure I understand, it's just the original extracts from the office were all exported as PDFs. I then just inserted them into my illustrator files.

Thanks

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with inserted pdf, are the pdf's linked or opend in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a weird issue with the font Calibri on a Mac and unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to change that in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika !  Got some work ahead of me to fix it but at least I know for next time

Thanks

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a linked file

Thanks

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines