• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Threaded text bug?

Advocate ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to thread text on multiple curved lines for an ingredient listing for packaging. Due to the package structure, 23 lines of text have to individually be applied using type on path. I wanted to thread all of these lines so that I can seamlessly type ingredient listings for other flavors. However, when I select the curved lines that already have text applied to them and thread them, the thread jumps around instead of going in order. I tried individually selecting each out port to link to the next text line, but it isn't working. Is this a bug?Before applying Threaded textBefore applying Threaded textAfter, the text flow is jumbled.After, the text flow is jumbled.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread will be applied in the stacking order of the objects. Unless you use the text tool to thread them one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika,

I selected each line one by one going in order from top to bottom, is this what you mean by stacking order? If so, the result still looks jumbled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The stacking order is the order in which they are lying on top of each other which is reflected in the layers panel. How did you create the threaded text? If you just select them all (and it doesn't matter how you do that) and then go to Type > Threaded text > Make, then the stacking order will determine the order in which they are threaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines