• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off Isolation Mode feature?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with the german Version, therefore not sure if its called "Isolation Mode" in the english version too.

Problem is, that working under pressure an aditional klick on an object happens very fast. That always throws me into that useless Isolation Mode. To me this "feature" is of absolute NO use at all and I'd wish I could turn it off. Anybody with a clue to get rid of it?

Manuel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Under general preferences, uncheck "double click to isolate" to turn that off.  If you want to leave it on so that you can use it when you want to (it is very helpful at times) you can try speeding up your double click speed in your OS to cut down on the number of misinterpreted double clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double click outside of the isolated object - that doesn't turn it off but it exits isolation mode quickly. I used to get annoyed at it too but I am finding it increasingly useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under general preferences, uncheck "double click to isolate" to turn that off.  If you want to leave it on so that you can use it when you want to (it is very helpful at times) you can try speeding up your double click speed in your OS to cut down on the number of misinterpreted double clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm… never noticed that one. Great, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also mark jesseham's answer as the correct answer it will be helpful to others

but as both prior posted suggested you might want to keep this on it is extremely helpful and working in groups can
speed up things as well so you really need it then keep in mind you can have groups within groups and this is helpful for isolating
objects deep within a group.

Most important it protects the rest of the group(s) extremely useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you... I can't believe I did not see this... thanks (a bit late)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > General > Double Click To Isolate (uncheck)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir, saved my life. Thank you tons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your solution! I had the same problem. I think it should be better, if you can right click and then choose for the isolate option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 🙂 helped alot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People saying to keep it on seem to have as much understanding of how clumbsy this is as Adobe or why people are frustrated enough to end up on this thread. They KEEP putting multiple functions onto one tool. Its like trying to hammer in a nail but you hammer keeps swithing to a screwdriver ranomly. Double click isolation has always messed up my selsection process and I am glad to turn it off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the right decision and that is where the option to turn it off was designed for: if you don't like it, turn it off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a terrible decision and some of the tools that are doubled up do not have an off setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was turning it off a terrible decision?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Designing tools that have multiple funtions was the terrible decision. Anything that impeeds workflow is a flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines