Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to export at this resolution. please lower the resolution and try again

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

Created a pattern (3600 x 3600 px) which I need to save in JPEG format at 300 dpi. How can I do it without lowering the res?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Exporting a 3600px artboard from Illustrator at 300ppi would create a JPEG 15,000 px wide, and I get the same message when attempting it, so perhaps it's outside some hard limit for Illustrator.

If you want to end up with a 300ppi, 3600px JPEG, create it by intended physical size, not pixel size. 3,600 pixels at 300 ppi is 12 inches. So:

1. Create a 12 x 12 in artboard.

2. File > Export As

3. Tick 'Use artboards' in the file browser window.

4. Set to 300 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't be a problem at all, so whatever issues you may be experiencing could be technical ones. In any case, without any actual info about your system, your document, your version of AI etc. nobody can really tell you much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting a 3600px artboard from Illustrator at 300ppi would create a JPEG 15,000 px wide, and I get the same message when attempting it, so perhaps it's outside some hard limit for Illustrator.

If you want to end up with a 300ppi, 3600px JPEG, create it by intended physical size, not pixel size. 3,600 pixels at 300 ppi is 12 inches. So:

1. Create a 12 x 12 in artboard.

2. File > Export As

3. Tick 'Use artboards' in the file browser window.

4. Set to 300 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I created the artboard already in inches? 

I tried changing it to inches but still doesn't work. I am so tired of this and want to export my portfolio design sharp and without any problems with an appropriate size to upload in Squarespace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post exactly what you want to achieve and what doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may sound funny and stupid but I  managed to get it sharp finally, but I don't remember how. I was trying a bunch of solutions that people suggested and finally, I found one that helped me. If I figure out what it was that helped me solve it, I will share it here. But for now, thank you. Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do this but with mm and it still won't work, with Adobe as big as it is they should be solving these issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MeaghanSimone  schrieb:

I'm trying to do this but with mm and it still won't work, with Adobe as big as it is they should be solving these issues 

So you need to export an image in the dimension of 3000 x 4000 pixels and at a resolution of 300 ppi.

If you have the artboard set up at those dimensions, then export at 72 ppi. You will get the exact  pixel dimensions in which you set up your artboard. And whoever told you about the resolution of 300 ppi together with pixel dimensions unfortunately doesn't know what they are doing. When you have the necessary pixel dimensions then you know all that matters. You do not need resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, don't EVER choose a size in Illustrator in Pixels if you don't want 72 ppi. It only works for 72 ppi, it doesn't mean what you think. Do the math instead and work out the required size in inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not look like a limit to me, it works fine in the latest version.

What system ai version do you have and how do you create the jpeg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, I'm getting variable results now for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're exporting multiple artboards to jpegs, pngs, svg's, etc., when you go to save you need to make sure you have "use artboards" checked and then click all or the range you'd like to export. Otherwise, when "use artboards" isn't checked it thinks you're asking to export the entire workspace and all artboards into one single jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem, even though I only had one artboard! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix was to Load the Ai file into photoshop. Had to tweek the size once it was loaded but got the smoother image i wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First u save that file in PDF format then you reopen that pdf in illustrator and save in png format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me. What a weird workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you need it as a JPEG? Do you then convert to JPEG? And if so, will it experience loss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, don't worry, just save it in 36 ppi while exporting, it will save as jpeg and you won't lose any pixels as well.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes, but you'll also get a file 100 inches square.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this thread, so this is mainly for anyone having this issue moving forward. Make sure anti-aliasing is set to none. I had changed two settings when exporting a different .jpg and I think that was causing issues. Attached photo has the settings that resulted in a successful export.
Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 2.54.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then you have hard pixels along the edges of the exported image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same issue - none of the solutons have worked so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MeaghanSimone  schrieb:

I'm also having this same issue - none of the solutons have worked so far

Can you please describe your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to export a CMYK 4720mm x 1020mm file at 300ppi (and the spec specified 300ppi and the sizing so that has to stay). I can get it to export as pdf but not as JPEG without reducing the quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines