Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Urgent) Colors Washed Out after exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My document in Illustrator, is original in RGB color mode, because the purpose of the project is not for printing. But when I exported it to PDF, I found that the colors were a bit "washed out", colors were not as sharp as the color shown on the Illustrator document. When I tried to export it in JPG, it shows the exactly same colors as the original document. 

My project will due on Sunday, and I was supposed to submit the PDF file. So I hope I can find the solution as soon as possible. Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

What happens when you include profiles?

Also: Apple Preview can show you if there's something in the file (but I wouldn't even rely on that). It won't be able to show you correct colors or anything like that.

For Acrobat: you need to check its color management settings.

Also: how are your color management settings in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What PDF settings are you using? What are you using to check the colour after exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching me out! 

I used Adobe Acrobat and Preview(Mac default) to view the PDF, the color were still not as sharp as the JPG. I am not sure what is PDF settings, can you explain a little bit?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 4.30.43 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-07-31 at 4.31.02 PM.png

1st is a screenshot of the PDF, 2nd is the screenshot of the JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how you export exactly (Save As, or Export for Screens etc.) you should see a PDF settings window like this, with colour settings and other information about what exactly you're exporting.

Doug_A_Roberts_0-1596185675043.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 5.09.11 PM.pngThank you for the explaination, I used "save as" as my method. So what should I do right now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you include profiles?

Also: Apple Preview can show you if there's something in the file (but I wouldn't even rely on that). It won't be able to show you correct colors or anything like that.

For Acrobat: you need to check its color management settings.

Also: how are your color management settings in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem was solved when I included profiles. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to know. Good luck for your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which profile should I include? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on your intended use. Is it for screens? Probably sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with saving PDFs from illustrator and I went to OUTPUT when saving the PDF and set "Color Conversion" to "Convert to Destination" and it fixed the pdf colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/nHjfh0DXbVc

Recent Updates seemed to change my PDF Export Presets. I cut a tutorial video for you.

• File » Save a Copy

• Save File as a Photoshop PDF

• Change Adobe PDF Preset from [HIGH QUALITY PRINT] to [PRESS QUALITY]

• Problem Solved

Tim Schmidt

Founder

Agency511 Marketing and Advertising 

Advanced Information About Correcting Faded PDF from Adobe " http://www.Agency511.com/ how-to-correct-faded-pdfs-from-adobe HOW TO CORRECT FADED PDFs EXPORTED FROM ADOBE - SOLVED! Video Summary: Here is the solution to correcting faded PDFs created by Adobe Products. If ever you have saved a ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Illustrator forum. You can't save a Photoshop PDF out of Illustrator. And BTW: the issue has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines