• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VCruntime140_1.dll error while launching Illustrator 2020 on Windows 7

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday everything was fine. Today I get a message that says "the program can't start because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. How do I reinstall Illustrator or how do add the dll file?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt Visual C++ redistributable files. Please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info on your system and the relevant nerd info from your system logs this is nothing anyone can tell you much about. Start by actually reinstalling AI with sufficient user privileges. Anything beyond that could involve a lot of jumping hoops and mumbo-jumbo like manually configuring DLLs with regsrv, but even that may not fix the actual issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by installing the latest version of Visual C++ from WIndows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchas gracias!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a same problem after updating Illustrator today ( I'm on Windows 7 64 bit )
I've managed to fix it by going back to ver 24.1.1(64 bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue going back a rev also fixed it. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too. Thanks.

W7 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thumbs up for me.  Ran into the same issue and reverting to v24.1.1 solved the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!! I wish I had found this thread before I spent so much time trying to uninstall and reinstall everything a million times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please follow the steps below to fix this problem:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From another thread on what is probably the same issue.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-125-while-installing-illustrator-from-creative-clou...

The fix is the same, making sure you get the right versions of the Visual C++ program.  My first attempt didn't work, but a second (from a different page on the Microsoft site) worked.  Perhaps my first grab was older versions.

Running Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. This is a windows error which generally occurred due to the missing or corrupt Visual C++ redistributable files. Please try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my illustrator and when I try to open I get this System Error:

Capture.PNG

I have reinstalled twice but still no luck.

Anyone have any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this thread, some folks seemed to have luck going back to version 24.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I have an option to go back.

I am at the mercy of this Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go back to a previous version, go to the Creative Cloud app, go to the Illustrator box, click on the 3 dots, select Other Versions, and in the popup under Older Versions, select 24.1 to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try download and install Visual C++ Resiatributable 2015,2017,2019 x64 package.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 8, 2020 -

UPDATE RESOLUTION FOR THIS STUPID ADOBE PROBLEM! I FIGURED OUT A SIMPLE SOLUTION - HOPE IT HELPS. 

Hello Everyone,

SO YOU KNOW, THIS IS NOT A MICROSOFT PROBLEM! THIS IS AN ADOBE PROGRAMMING PROBLEM!!!

FOR ALL THOSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER UPDATING TO VERSION 24.1.2 - SIMPLY REVERT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION - I AM USING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR 2019 VERSION 23 INSTEAD AND IT WORKS FINE NOW! SO CLEARLY, THIS IS AN ADOBE PROBLEM - NOT MICROSOFT! LET'S GET THAT CLEAR BECAUSE I ALREADY FOLLOWED THE MICROSOFT STEPS AND ALEADY HAVE THAT INSTALLED SO AGAIN THIS IS ON ADOBE! ANOTHER LACK OF TESTING AND SCREWING UP UPDATES FOR USERS WHO PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!

Hope my feed back and info help anyone stuck on this like I was! Had to figure it out for myself because CLEARLY Adobe can't just tell People on here to temporarily revert back to a previous version until they fix their screw up!!!

Happy Friday all!

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 6, 2020

SEE ATTACHED ERROR I GET EVERYTIME I TRY OPENING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR VER. 24.1.2

CAN'T OPEN THIS APP AND CAN'T DO ANY WORK!

HELLO ADOBE DEVS / SUPPORT!

For the past 17 months several times after an update there is always some issue or bug and one or all of the apps stop working! Do you guys even bother to test the updates before you put them out to the public? Because just a few moments ago I updated Adobe Illustrator CC Vers. 24.1.1 to 24.1.2 and after updating when I try opening the app it says: Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll - what is this Adobe!!???

I have had this happen so many times already, and then I end up having to uninstall everything and re-install and then end up not being able to use the CC app I pay for each month! This is so messed up and RIDICULOUS!!! More time wasted!!!

I would appreciate if someone at Adobe or anyone on here can please tell me how to fix and address this because I cannot open the Illustrator app! Not to mention, Adobe you owe me a credit on my account!!! Your attention is appreciated.

Thank you kindly. 

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: THIS IS ON WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE AND WINDOWS 10 Pro - SAME ISSUE! I have both OS's on the same PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 8, 2020 -

UPDATE RESOLUTION FOR THIS STUPID ADOBE PROBLEM! I FIGURED OUT A SIMPLE SOLUTION - HOPE IT HELPS. 

Hello Everyone,

NO, THIS IS NOT A MICROSOFT PROBLEM! THIS IS AN ADOBE PROGRAMMING PROBLEM!!!

FOR ALL THOSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AFTER UPDATING TO VERSION 24.1.2 - SIMPLY REVERT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION - I AM USING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR 2019 VERSION 23 INSTEAD AND IT WORKS FINE NOW! SO CLEARLY, THIS IS AN ADOBE PROBLEM - NOT MICROSOFT! LET'S GET THAT CLEAR BECAUSE I ALREADY FOLLOWED THE MICROSOFT STEPS AND ALEADY HAVE THAT INSTALLED SO AGAIN THIS IS ON ADOBE! ANOTHER LACK OF TESTING AND SCREWING UP UPDATES FOR USERS WHO PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!

Hope my feed back and info help anyone stuck on this like I was! Had to figure it out for myself because CLEARLY Adobe can't just tell People on here to temporarily revert back to a previous version until they fix their screw up!!!

Happy Friday all!

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Could you fix it? The same thing happens to me and I don't know what to do! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the Illustrator update also and have the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billie/ Maru,

So sorry to hear that you are facing problems while launching Illustrator. Did you try the steps shared in this helps article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/vcruntime-error-on-launch.html)?

If not, please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines