• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom eraser side of pen not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eraser side of my Wacom pen isn't working in Illustrator. When I flip the pen it just continues using the tool I was using.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

After playing with the Wacom settings, it appears that it only occurs after calibrating the screen if your using a cintiq. As (Graysfang) mentioned above, if you hit the little ( - ) next to it, it will delete the pen settings. After that, touch the screen for it to work again, and redo your pen settings but don't calibrate it again or it'll not work properly all over again. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your setup in the Wacom driver.

If that does not work:

- Which version?

- Which system?

- Which tablet?

- Which driver version?

- Any third party plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator CC 21.0.2. on the Intuos Pro Medium Driver version 6.2.20-11. It works in Photoshop and other programs, just not in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Wacom driver might be not the latest one (although the latest driver might cause issues as well - you never know unfortunately). So try and update the driver. But please check the settings in the driver first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hana,

In addition to what Monika said, if mystery reamins, you may consider pen failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the settings in your Wacom preference settings? Make sure the "eraser" end is set to "Eraser".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Wacom Tablet Properties.

Select your Pen.

Hit the ( - ) button to remove the Pen.

Touch the pen to the tablet to pair it again.

It'll wipe your custom settings for the pen but it's better than having to redo your entire settings like reinstalling the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Graysfang! You are my Wacom gaurdian angel, I've been trying to solve this problem for over 7 months. This fixed all my issues with both the eraser and pressure sensitivity not working in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been low-key bugging me for *years* and I'd lost count of  the amount of fruitless searches I'd done to find the answer. But now I've started a new project doing a lot more painting in PS it became a major annoyance.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here searching for a solution to the same problem and this fixed my eraser issues! Thanks @Graysfang !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After playing with the Wacom settings, it appears that it only occurs after calibrating the screen if your using a cintiq. As (Graysfang) mentioned above, if you hit the little ( - ) next to it, it will delete the pen settings. After that, touch the screen for it to work again, and redo your pen settings but don't calibrate it again or it'll not work properly all over again. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, that did not help the problem for me. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"For some reason, that did not help the problem for me. Any advice?"

Please create a new thread and tell us your version, system and the tablet model.

Also: step by step instrutctions as to what exactly doesn't work.

Did it ever work before or is this a new install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same kind of problem for me. The eraser works but when I release the pressure on the pen (Pro Pen 2) it draws a line back.

• AI 2019
  • Wacom cintiq pro 13" (DTH-1320)
  • driver version 6.3.40-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thik I figured it out; it's EXACTLY the culprit that no one wanted to hear — it's Windows Ink. I have a Cintiq and after following the steps to just delete the pen tool ( - ) from the pen settings, and repair it by tapping it to the device again, I did some more fiddling. The thing works fine, and I'm even able to calibrate/adjust the pen settings ... everything up until I uncheck "Windows Ink" (in the "Calibrate" tab from the "All Other" application). Simply rechecking "Windows Ink" sets it right again.

The Good news is, seems like you can adjust setting for specific applications ( + ), and customize the other applications like browsers or Photoshop to NOT use Windows Ink. But Windows Ink needs to remain checked for the "All Other" application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Aaron Rutten goes through how to fix it in Photoshop. Try doing similar for illustrator:
How to Disable WINDOWS INK - Photoshop Bug with Wacom Tablets (2018) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nome of these solutions worked for me... but here's what finally DID: When I clicked on the eraser tool in Photoshop, I found that the opacity was all the way down. I have NO IDEA how it got switched. But once I moved it back to 100% all was right with the world again (or at least with my eraser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@warburtonlabs wrote:

Nome of these solutions worked for me... but here's what finally DID: When I clicked on the eraser tool in Photoshop, 

Solutions in this thread are for Illustrator, so it's not surprising they don't work for Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines