• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What files do I send to client ?

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files ideally do I need to send to a client who requires logo for following needs?:The logo is going to be on various prints such as T-shirts, physical wall banners, business cards, stage scrims, mugs, etc. the logo will be used for embroidery for patches, and hats. The logo will also be used for social media plat forms; banners, video, promotional uses, put on album artwork, water marks on photography. The logo will be used for physical and digital music releases. 

The logo is presently on an ai file 

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Here is my input :

The logo is going to be on various prints such as T-shirts, physical wall banners, business cards, stage scrims, mugs, etc. the logo will be used for embroidery for patches, and hats.:

Ai file ( open source ) or eps 

The logo will also be used for social media plat forms; banners, video, promotional uses, put on album artwork, water marks on photography.

PNG file format

The logo will be used for physical(ai or pdf)  and digital music releases ( png or pdf )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my input :

The logo is going to be on various prints such as T-shirts, physical wall banners, business cards, stage scrims, mugs, etc. the logo will be used for embroidery for patches, and hats.:

Ai file ( open source ) or eps 

The logo will also be used for social media plat forms; banners, video, promotional uses, put on album artwork, water marks on photography.

PNG file format

The logo will be used for physical(ai or pdf)  and digital music releases ( png or pdf )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spot on in the end I did quite a bit of research and supplied my customer with an Original editable AI file, two Vector EPS files one in RGB format for digital use and the other in CMYK for print use, also I included a PDF file, Jpg and PNG file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply generate all the versions and write up a guideline when to use what. You're going to need to produce all the social media banner sizes right away in an ideal scenario, anyway. Companies are notoriously bad at this stuff and then complain when their logos degenerate upon resizing or the colors get screwed by the servers re-compressing the images. Similarly, it seems a stretch even for vector formats to cover so many scenarios. Embroidery and silk screen printing for textiles are going to need colors separated by layers/ ink or spot colors, but at the same time mugs, conventional T-Shirts and even banners can easily be printed based on RGB inkjet stuff. Similar issues may arise when doing print stuff in CMYK and then again even video has certain requirements with compression and all. E.g. your own user icon would be terrrible to compress and cause a ton of artifacts on MP4/ H.264 video due to the contrast and intense red. You see, this isn't going to be a "one and done" thing and in a bad scenario the client is always going to come back to you at the most inconvenient times to fix things for them, so if you really want to be smart, perhaps it would be best to set up a contract to do the work for them if and when needed instead of trying to cover all the bases now and still screw it up...

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium

In the end I did quite a bit of research and supplied my customer with an Original editable AI file, two Vector EPS files one in RGB format for digital use and the other in CMYK for print use, also I included a PDF file, Jpg and PNG file.  Yes thats great advice about setting up a contract I will take that on board for future customers, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines