• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Zoom in CC?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always held down the option key on a mac and scolled to zoom in and out. Doesn't work on CC. Is there a setting for that I'm missing? I can't locate it.

Thanks-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Apologies for the long wait. The bug has been fixed in the latest Illustrator CC update (17.0.1). Please install the update either through the Creative Cloud Desktop app or in-app by Help > Updates. 

For more details on this update, kindly refer to: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer

Message was edited by: amxyz

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 152 Replies 152
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option-mouse-scroll works here. (No special settings that I am aware of.) It may be that you need to customize your mouse in System Preferences.

Alternatively, you can command-space and click for larger, with additional option for smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a magic mouse, all settings are correct in the preferences for the mouse (after all, I've been using it for years now), and there seems to be no option set wrong that I can find.

I hope this isn't a "wait 6 weeks for the fix" update. Don't they test anything any more? That should have shown up long before the final release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work on a MBP's trackpad either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey there,

what year is your machine?

Anything older than a 2013 will not have the VRAM capabilities required for the Animated Zoom feature to function.

I am currently struggling with that issue now. Recently bought a refurbished iMac and its too old that the function doesn't work.

Animated Zoom requires 1GB of VRAM to function.

2012 machines and older will have 512MB of VRAM which cancels out that function even if its the most updated version of Creative Cloud.

Open Adobe Illustrator > Preferences > Performance > GPU >> if "Animated Zoom" is greyed out and it says something similar to "it has been detected that you have less than the required VRAM it'll indicate 512MB or something like that. Making it impossible to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're hearing reports on this but right now haven't found a specific cause.

I'm presently running a 10.8.4 retina Macbook Pro and a bluetooth mouse without issue. Pinch and Zoom appears to work on my trackpad and my mouse wheel will either scroll or zoom when I use the modifier.

This makes me wonder what differences in configuration we might have or software thereof.

How does it work in Safe Boot? http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html

Does it behave any differently in a different user account?

Are you using any specific configurations of workspaces? Launchpad or Expose? If you don't use those, does it work?

When you go to the trackpad settings in System Preferences, I assume almost everything is selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick followup. Can we be certain as to what mice are being used here?

Are all the mouse users having problems using a magicmouse? So the scrolling isn't so much a wheel movement but a gesture?

If you use Pinch In/Out, does that work better? I understand that it didn't work in CS6 but in CC it can recognize Pinch gestures. This would be opposed to the other gesture that is holding the modifier and swiping with two fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt + scrolling/swiping on Magic Mouse (no wheel) for a zoom does not work on OS 10.8.4 no matter which mouse preferences are selected. Starting in safe mode, user switching and deactivating workspaces does not change anything.

Scrolling/swiping on the Magic Mouse scrolls/pans the document area. Pinch in/out does not work at all.

However, trackpad pinch works as expected, but again, no zoom with Alt + trackpad scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try with the Intous 5 Tablet, and it works only with gestures, Zoom IN and Zoom OUT, But I want back the Mouse Scroll Zooming it drove me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option + scroll works fine in Photoshop CC and InDesign CC, but doesn't work at all in Illustrator CC. This is with my trackpad on my MacBook Pro. OS X 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15" retina display macbook 2.7ghz

osx 10.8.4

option scroll to zoom with magic mouse:

photoshop: yes

indesign: yes

illustrator: no

option scroll to zoom with basic dell mouse:

photoshop: yes

indesign: yes

illustrator: yes

problem seems to be the compatibility between illustrator cc and the magic mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Photoshop and InDesign scroll/option zoom works fine, Illustrator nope.

I'm using 10.8.4 on an iMac with a magic mouse.

System Prefs/Mouse:

Scroll direction: natural

Secondary click: right side

Smart Zoom: checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command/scroll scrolls the artboard horizontal fine and normal vertical scroll works fine. Holding shift in addition to that speeds up the scroll fine. Option is the only key not providing any modifaction to the default scroll action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue with the same setup. I wonder if uninstalling and reinstalling will solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.8.4 as well, with a mighty mouse on an imac. Doesn't work at all with that. Dusted off the mouse that came with my Wacom Intuos that has a scroll wheel and that works.

Pinch doesn't work on the mighty mouse.

MBP 10.8.4 and pinch works for zooming on that.

Restarting in safe mode didn't change anything, still the same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as described, option+scroll doesn't work as expected on Illustrator CC running on MAC OSX 10.8.3, with the magic mouse,
scroll direction: natural
secondary click: right side
smart zoom: checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running latest version of PS CC in my MACbook pro (2011) . the Pinch and Zoom option works perfect in previous version with trackpad but now it doesn't work ......

Does it have any special setup now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well, mighty mouse running 10.8.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem too. Does anyone know how to reinstall illustatror CS6? I already deleted it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dylan821 please see Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications -  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html for information on how to reinstall Illustrator CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, does not work with magic mouse. Only works with old mouse with actual wheel. Please fix, slows down productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, MBP 10.8.4, Magic Mouse and trackpad option scrolling does not work.

Adobe: help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well.

Both trackpad and magic mouse are not working with alt zoom.

Works is PS for me, which is weird.

Not sure if this helps but system and mouse info are below:

MacBook:

Processor  2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

Mouse:

Serial: 889474EN0485A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option+Scroll Zoom seems to be working in all the other programs with the exception of Illustrator.

running on MAC OSX 10.8.4, with the magic mouse

scroll direction: natural

secondary click: right side

smart zoom: checked

Please hurry on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting the same issue as OP.

I have both Illustrator CS6 and CC installed.

'Option scroll' works to zoom in and out as expected in Ai CS6, but does not work in Ai CC.

In Ai CC, I've tried a reasonable amount of key combos plus alternating selections in System Preferences (including Accessibility options); disconnected bluetooth then re-paired each device; lastly updated their Services from within Bluetooth System Prefrence pane with no success.

Software:

• OS X 10.8.4
  • Build 12E55

System Preferences/Mouse:

• Scroll direction:  natural
  • Secondary click: right side
  • Smart Zoom:  checked
  • Swipe pages:  one finger
  • Swipe full-screen:  two finger
  • Mission Control:  checked

Hardware:

• iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010 3.2 GHz i3
  • Apple Wireless Mouse (Magic Mouse):
    • Firmware Version:  0x84
    • Manufacturer:  Apple (0x3, 0x31c)
    • Vendor ID:  0x5ac
    • Product ID:  0x30d
    • EDR Supported:  No
    • eSCO Supported:  No
  • Apple Wireless Keyboard
    • Firmware Version:  0x50
    • Manufacturer:  Apple (0x3, 0x31c)
    • Vendor ID:  0x5ac
    • Product ID:  0x239
    • EDR Supported:  No
    • eSCO Supported:  No
  • Incoming Serial Ports:
    • Bluetooth-PDA-Sync:
      • RFCOMM Channel:  3

No other peripherials attched.

Thank you in advance for the solution to our simple plight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines