• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When drawing shapes in Illustrator - they're instantly offsetting

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, wonder if anyone can help? When drawing boxes in Illustrator, I'm finding that they are instantly offsetting by 0.35mm. So for example, if I've drawn a box and I want to draw one next to it, I click on a corner point of the box, but then the new box is drawn 0.35mm away from where I clicked. It's driving me mad! Just started happening - I'm sure it's a setting I've inadvertently changed!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be snapping is activated, In the view window, uncheck snap to grid and or snap to pixel option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all those I'm afraid, as it's the first thing I thought! Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us something to look at?

The complete window would be important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Karl,

If you have the original box on one Layer and then add other boxes on another Layer which has a(n approximately 1pt = 0.3528 mm) Transform>Move Effect applied (at Layer level), see the Appearance palette, you can get that.

Or maybe something (with a) similar (effect).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines