• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why illustrator CC 2015 very slow on opening file and some operations, like making bitmap patterns.

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file created by illustrator CC 2015. Opening and saving file is incredible slow even i have SSD hdd. After i open file, its very difficult to work. Chosing an object or moving very slow and cannot workable.

In very smal vector file i made a bitmap pattern. It was very usal pattern which like i made before previous version. After apply the pattern, booom... illustrator becomes very slow. Even after i click an object, it response after several seconds.

What is going on? shall i return to 2014 or is there solution??

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

UPDATE:

If you upgrade to Illustrator CC 2015.1 / Illustrator 19.1 you will not have to run through the copy paste process.

Hi,

We have released a patch 19.0.1 that fixes the issue being discussed on this thread. Please apply the patch from your creative cloud application. The creative cloud application checks for update once a day hence you may not see the update right away.  If you want to force the check for an update early please logout and log back into the Creative Cloud application.

All new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple file saving is significantly slower on Illustrator CC 2015. Pls fix this. It's killing productivity and a deal breaker for highly time sensitive artworks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously adobe, get it together. every time i upgrade i feel like the performance of the creative suite gets worse. TEST YOUR PRODUCTS before you release them. and if you are testing them and still have this many problems, TEST THEM MORE before you release them. i'd rather get an upgrade every other year and have it be super stable and well-performing than have a superficial upgrade every year that may/may not even let me do something as simple as save files properly.

this answer about opening the slow loading files—copying and pasting it in to a new file—can i send you guys a bill for the time it takes for me to do this with hundreds of files? cause if i can't, this answer is utter bull poop.

i think you guys need some competition, when you're the only game it town, i guess it doesn't matter how well your product works cause we have no choice but to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upgrade to Illustrator CC 2015.1 / Illustrator 19.1 you will not have to run through the copy paste process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I've installed all upgrades and AI CC 2015 19.1 is still being very slow to open and save files. Please advise, this is very disruptive to my workflow.

Here's my machine:

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)

Model Identifier: iMac11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to appear that it's working better now. Here's what I had to do:

1.) Log out of CC

2.) Log Back in

3.) Shutdown

4.) Unplug for 30 sec.

5.) Start up

6.) Open AI first

7.) Then open files

______

I will post an update if it seems to go wrong again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this patch just a regular update in the CC app?  Or is it something I download separate from somewhere? Because I have down all updates in the app but my illustrator and photoshop have both become really laggy lately.   Awful to try and work with.  I never had this problem before any other versions only 2015.  What gives??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Since I've updated to 19.1 all is slow. Impossible to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to turn off the CC Libraries in the Activity Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had constant bugs with CC2015 19.1 as well. If its not the GPU Performance button in preferences, or just random quitting and rebooting, its something else. Turning off CC Libraries doesn't work for me either.

I wish I could downgrade my software back to 2014, but everyone in my department has moved forward with it. The interesting thing though, at least in my department, is that everyone that received a new machine with Yosemite installed don't have any problems. Its mainly people that upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite, like myself, that are left to scratch their heads over this. And I also did a clean install after I upgraded the first time because of all the crashes and reboots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a clean install of the OS as well? From your description it might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this same issue with my new iMac at work and home. The new Illustrator is terrible. I've been an Illustrator user for almost 25 years... yicks:-)

Yes, I did everything mentioned above... does not cure the problem.

I'm just going to re-install the 2014 version. I don;t have time to wait for Adobe to fix this. We have massive deadlines daily and their software is crap lately.

But I pay for a monthly subscription and just feel ripped off every month I get charged.

Bummer really, what else can we use???? They have us by the balls and know, and do not care about their customers. But that's just my opinion. Hate to be offensive but seems things days customer service is next to nothing, long as they get their money.

Make sure your software is 100% before feeding it to us! We pay your salaries!

So, we wait but our clients do not!

If anyone knows of a better solution to Adobe products I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we go back to Illustrator CC 2014????

Can you guys (Adobe) add that back into the "Cloud" so we can download it instead of CC 2015. CC 2015 DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is way to slow to be useful. I'm on a brand new iMac, 27 retina top of the line with 32 mB of RAM. She's as fast as an iMac can get.

I thought it was my old Mac that was having the issue so I upgraded just to run your software. Gee.... does Adobe want to send me $3500 for that? NOPE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can load a previous version in the CC app under Find Additional Apps. Select All Apps and change it to Find Previous Versions at the bottom and download like you normally would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe the only solution to these problems is to downgrade.

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even downgrade via Creative Cloud, status keeps saying 'waiting'... Other apps don't seem to have this issue, download and install, no problem... Only Illustrator... Trying to install CS6 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just can't believe, the only solution I found to Ai CC 2015.2.0 (19.2) bugs and delays is to downgrade!!!
That is just great! Now what am I paying for in my subscription, just a thought??

I'm soo frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downgrading right now. I've had 3 crashes trying to open 19.2 today and I've had enough of it. Nice to know that all the money my company and I spend to use this POS software is going to fill Adobe's pockets instead of fixing the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried downgrading. Went all the way to CS6 16.0. Everything worked smooth, but all of my work is done in the newer version so that is not an option. Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue on a PC??? Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should downgrade to Ai CC 2014 (18.0.0), and you'll be able to work with your CC 2015.2.0 artworks.

Ai CS6 (16.0) is way too old to load files saved in CC 2015 (19.x.0).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off of the phone with illustrator tech. Illustrator will not read my linked images through my network anymore. It did before I upgraded but is now having trouble with the network. However, If I bundle the ai file and the linked artwork onto a folder on my desktop and work from my desktop everything seems to work how it should. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get illustrator work with my network again? Not having issues with any other programs besides illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this solution up to date?

Adobe staff, do you really expect us to copy paste all our documents into new ones, in only 9 steps? How on earth would we have time for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I think I came up with a solution to the problem. I was having the problem with files taking forever to open in the newest build of Illustrator 2015 v19.2. I went into the preferences under GPU Performance and disabled the GPU Performance. Closed illustrator and now the files are opening immediately. Hopefully this will fix the problem that everyone is having

UPDATE: After further testing it looks like the GPU Performace is causing an issue with Nvidia Optimus Technology. As soon as I disabled it in the bios Illustrator opens the files immediately now with GPU Performace Enabled Not sure what the problem is regarding the Nvidia Optimus Technology though.

NEWEST UPDATE:

I'm not sure if this will fix your issues or not but here is what I found out with a ton of research and trial and error. Adobe or Nvidia not sure which has a problem but someone does when running your system with Nvidia Optimus enabled. I'm on a PC. If I tried to open Illustrator it would take forever to open, Once I pressed file new it would just freeze on a white screen for quite a long time. I tried forcing the nvidia card to work but all it did was crash the driver, or cause the program to become extremely slow and unstable. No matter what I did I could not get the nvidia card to work with illustrator. It would only work with the on board Intel GPU only

Solution: It turns that Adobe has put in a GPU Sniffer program that checks your GPU Hardware to see if it's going to run well with Illustrator, Photoshop, AE etc. This causes illustrator to run slow especially if it detects or thinks there is issues with your graphics card. I ended up renaming the sniffer.exe file to sniffer2.exe bypassing the GPU check. This finally allowed me to use my Quadro K5100M GPU but it was still very unstable and took a long time to open etc. What I ended up doing was in the nvidia control panel I disabled vsync on my GPU I set it to off, So renaming the sniffer.exe file and turning off the vsync on my GPU completely fixed my issue. Illustrator now opens immediately and there is no lag at all, files open extremely fast etc. No more issues.

Maybe you guys could give this a try if you are on a PC, It might work on MAC too. Hope this helps 

Thanks

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi..

i use windows.

i can't find the vsync on my nvidia control panel.? or it's very different with mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows too. What graphics card (GPU) do you have? You have to go under manage 3D settings. Then under you Nvidia high performance GPU you should be able to change different settings vertical sync should be one of them. Once you find that setting set it to off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Galax Geforce GTX 950 black oc sniper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines