• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why illustrator CC 2015 very slow on opening file and some operations, like making bitmap patterns.

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file created by illustrator CC 2015. Opening and saving file is incredible slow even i have SSD hdd. After i open file, its very difficult to work. Chosing an object or moving very slow and cannot workable.

In very smal vector file i made a bitmap pattern. It was very usal pattern which like i made before previous version. After apply the pattern, booom... illustrator becomes very slow. Even after i click an object, it response after several seconds.

What is going on? shall i return to 2014 or is there solution??

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

UPDATE:

If you upgrade to Illustrator CC 2015.1 / Illustrator 19.1 you will not have to run through the copy paste process.

Hi,

We have released a patch 19.0.1 that fixes the issue being discussed on this thread. Please apply the patch from your creative cloud application. The creative cloud application checks for update once a day hence you may not see the update right away.  If you want to force the check for an update early please logout and log back into the Creative Cloud application.

All new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Galax Geforce GTX 950 black oc sniper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many forum entries on Illustrator CC and speed problems. Just thought I would share my 'solution' after several months of frustration, phone calls to Adobe support, time spent while they took over and 'fixed' the problem only for it to reappear.

Illustrator seems to be incompatible with our network. Ejecting ALL networked drives and working locally is the only consistent answer. It works absolutely fine this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution (disabling Vertical Sync and renaming Sniffer.exe, while keeping GPU Performance enabled) seems to be working for me.  Thank you!

However, it's disappointing that such a workaround was necessary in the first place.  I've been using Illustrator since version 7 and have never experienced the sorts of issues I've been having with CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not solve the problem on my Mac with an Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that when some files were really lagging and taking ages to open and work with - it was because the actual FOLDER name was not in English.

Changed the name to English letters and everything worked fine!!

Hope this helps someone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator cs5 or cs6 really stable than CC 2015!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 or maybe CS6 after that down hill

guess that is what happens when you don't have to make sure that the new disc your sending out will bring home the money since the subscription forced money comes in who's going to not buy it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have been able to get up some of the speed as before by performing a few things

1 go to the Adobe Creative Cloud icon upper right and go to preferences on the gear icon

2 unclick under general show notifications and always keep creative cloud desktop up to date and Login to AEM assets

3  under creative cloud / files un click sync on/off to OFF

4 after that quit all Applications and then restart cpu then

5 upon restart go to safe mode and do a fsck in the command line then reboot

when your back up and running it MAY be faster the issue so far is either with copy paste and adobe sync library  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. New imac 27 - 5K, 32 Mb RAM, and Illustrator is terrible slow.

Every year is becoming more bloatware... sadly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am and have been having this issue for the last few months, is really annoying for deadlines, I have actually missed a couple of deadlines thanks to this.

One resolution I have found when designing stuff for websites is simply switch to Sketch, however I still been using illustrator for my motion graphics layouts and storyboards which is where it slows right down, I have to force quit etc.

This is too long a period for Adobe to not have resolved the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe how slow this product is. opening and saving is a nightmare, very frustrating, patch does nothing......honestly illustrator makes me look very unprofessional with deadlines. affinity designer here i come....sorry Adobe this is Karma for killing Freehand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since a week.

All of my files open and save very slowly.

16gb RAM, 100gb of free SSD disk space...

Patch doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today updated to 15.3

its worst illustrator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now its much slower. i cannot beleive how come. while gpu enabled, ı just duplicate some squares to make pattern. it becomes slower. just 4 points squares...

Afinity for windows is coming. if the first beta success, we will cancel our adobe licence. its not a convinient software anymore. All Adobe stuff just using their reputaion, they are not working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting an update here.

I had contact with the customer service and they checked everything.
They concluded that my mac user account was corrupted and I had to make a new user account.
Apparently only Illustrator was having problems with this 'corrupt' account.

I made a new account and Illustrator did work like normal again, yet as from this morning, I have the same problem again!

I now refuse to think the problem is in my user account because nothing happened thay could have caused my account to get corrupted.

It's an Illustator problem.
I never had this issue with CS4, CS5 or CS6
Please fix this!

It's taking me 1 minute and 16 second to open a 52kb line-drawing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I just performed all of the latest updates and tried copying and pasting into a new file, but to no avail. This latest version is still un-usably slow. I really need a work around for this. Please fix this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frank.coppola

i think problem about GPU Performance. i made steps what you adviced, but nothing change.

There is a big problem about GPU usage since they started this service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!

I have disconnected my external disks (I have an external 1TB WD Disk) and now works perfect. I have spent a lot of time waiting for saving files and I was desperate. Now I can breathe again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at my wits end, illustrator was so slow I have actually bought a brand new mac to try and solve it, but if anything it is worse after a clean install. I have done all of the above, disconnected my 2TB WD disk, turned off GPU and creative cloud preferences and it is still taking a few minutes everytime I move the cursor. Unuseable. How does anyone ring adobe to complain? They don't seem interested enough to reply on forums..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Illustrator since version 7 and have a pretty good handle on what it should and should not be able to handle with ease.  I've never had any sort of performance issues with this program until CC 2014, and it continues to get worse with each successive update.

And it's not just slow opening; it's slow everything!  Undo/redo, locking/unlocking or re-ordering layers, cutting and pasting, selecting objects, just about every conceivable operation! And I'm not talking about complex illustrations.  I can have two circles on the artboard and experience the exact same lag (which seems to get worse the longer the application is open).

I'm working on a gaming PC with far, far more then enough horsepower to handle Illustrator.  I work with 3D applications (SketchUp, ZBrush, Maxwell Studio) that hum right along.

Illustrator has gotten to a point where it's nearly unusable.  How can this problem have not been addressed yet.  It's inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! We are having the same issues. We are loosing valuable time. They really need to fix this problem soon, or designers and companies are going to start using other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after last update, while illustrator open, whole system getting slow. Even explorer working non responsive. whole device getting crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

system.PNG

in this system, i am making 3d Modelling with Zbrush and Keyshot. The biggest system consumer is these two apps but evet while these apps works together my system never stuck. Always stay smooth and responsive...

While i am using illustrator (not with zbrush or keyshot) whole system become stuck, not responsive.

I checked even new version from prerelease page, still has same problem even worse. Its not about the file a create. Not to many point not effects... just making whole computer more slooooow... I hate Adobe Illustrator performance issues anymore. I am writing this issue to here we often. no one help me. no any update solved problem... day by day its going worse... !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines