Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

window.top.location.href issue on AI 2020

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a code that updates the top url after login-in.

The issue is that when I'm updating the top url, my AI debugger tool will be disconnected and a new top page is created.

ai_top_issue.png

I'm not experiencing this issue on AI2021.

Is this a know bug? And is there workaround for this?

TIA,

Hanna

TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey what's a 'top' url? What does setting it do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top url is the main page(main.html), inside there's an iframe and it's calling the login page. I'm using a token base authentication. After the token is returned from the server, I'll put it on the top url(main.html?access_token=<tokenhere>) but everytime I'm updating the top url the page blinks and the debugger gets disconnected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert but I would expect that changing the main url (the url to the index.hml file in the manifest) on the fly *would* break the extension immediately. Or do you mean the main url of the iframe?

Anyway, I'll bow out now, as I have zero experience with iframes in CEP. Hopefully you've provided enough info for an expert to help. All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in what you are doing, too. Are you making a CEP extension? What is that screenshot of? VSCode? Or a Chrome debugger? You mention you don't have the problem on AI2021, but which version are you using? Not sure if I can help yet, but I think we'll need (much!) more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a CEP extension and I'm using CEP 9. The screen shot is showing the chrome debugger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Anyone knows this issue? This is a blocker on our production. It suddenly starts to not working as it is before.

TIA,

Hanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines