Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Draw sends files to Illustrator on the wrong Macbook

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends!

I'm experiencing a strange issue when sending illustrations from Adobe Illustrator Draw on iPad to Illustrator on my MacBook Pro.

In the past, this always worked perfectly. Recently though, I've started working on a second macbook for other, non illustrative work, but have also connected Creative Cloud to that macbook. But, ever since I connected my second macbook, whenever I use the sharing feature in Adobe Illustrator Draw on iPad, my illustrations are sent to the new macbook, instead of my previous macbook (which I use for illustration).

My question is as follows: how can I choose which macbook to send my illustrations to? Anyone have experience with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Hi Nhjkb;kjnlj.

It's not actually possible to choose which computer your Draw files go to; they will automatically be sent to both computers using the same log-in credentials.

Since the work is only arriving to one of them, try signing out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App on the one that isn't receiving the files. Use these steps:
1. Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud.

2. Then, on you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nhjkb;kjnlj.

It's not actually possible to choose which computer your Draw files go to; they will automatically be sent to both computers using the same log-in credentials.

Since the work is only arriving to one of them, try signing out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App on the one that isn't receiving the files. Use these steps:
1. Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud.

2. Then, on your desktop, close out of all desktop apps and log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud)

3. Before you try to send from Draw, sign out of the app, (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your device, then log back in to the app.

4. Once everything's running, try sending from Draw to the desktop again.

Let me know if your work makes it to both computers.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, I'll try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, 

I am having the same issue. I've signed out and signed back in on both devices, and I cannot open my drawing in Illustrator. I spent a couple hours yesterday troubleshooting, and when I got home and opened my old laptop, Illustrator opened several times with the drawing in it (which was better than not opening at all I suppose). But I cannot get this to work, and it's quite frustrating. I don't understand why I can see the drawing in the web interface, but can't send it to Illustrator from there? Or from Illustrator be able to open my Draw projects via the cloud? Perhaps I am missing something obvious, but there seem to be quite a few people who are hamstrung by this functionality. The concept of drawing on my iPad and finishing it in Illustrator is fantastic, but equally disappointing when it simply won't work. Any advice (other than what has been posted here) would be much appreciated.

Thanks for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Big.

Sorry it's not working.

Is your desktop machine a Mac. If it is, are you running OS Catalina on it?

Please let me know. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I am also having the same problem.

I have a macbook pro under under Mojave (10.14.6) and it opens illustrator without any issue.
The other macbook pro under Catalina (10.15.7) received some files the first day I used draw. Since then, no files are showing up in illustrator on this device.

I have the exact same issue with capture and fresco.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lamselli 

There were some problems with OS Catalina when sending from mobile to desktop (there's a post about it here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-draw/draw-work-not-launching-on-desktop-after-mac-os-cata...) that went away as people updated to Mojave. 

If you're unable to update the operating system on that computer, give the suggestions in this link, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-creative-cloud-desktop-app-issues-on-catalina.html, a try. 

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved my issue ! Thanks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines