• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change DPI on illustrator iPad app?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I recently got the new illustrator app on iPad, I love it but I see that it is automatically saving every file at 75 dpi. What's up with that! I need to adjust that but I can't find the setting for it when I start my design, also if I import a design from a 75 dpi resolution into a higher dpi file will there be an issue with resolution? I'd hate to have to redo my whole design again..thanks for the help guys

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

There are no raster effects in Illustrator on the iPad. That option just doesn't have any effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika, as I said earlier. You need to learn how to address people who may not have the same or in some cases, better understanding of the program then you do. 

PREVIOUSLY....

We were given the option of choosing the resolution (DPI) of the files we were creating on Ai IPad. That has since changed. Some day you will acknowledge that. Until then, the new user is correct, you just seem to want to repeat over and over without addressing the facts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector files do. Not. Have. Such. A. Thing. As. A. Resolution. 

The Document raster effects resolution sets up the resolution at which raster effects (such as Photoshop effects, blur, drop shadow etc.) are rendered. But Illustrator on the iPad does. Not. Have. These. Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

Don't know if how much has changed within releases over time.

As of 2021.02.26, When using the different defaults for documents on the Illustrator for iPad home / start screen I noticed that the "Print" type of file now has a default raster effects setting of 300ppi.

There are points in this thread that are opinions on best practice and capability of vectors, etc.

Aside from what is or isn't what some want to do, I wonder what repercussions if any would be experienced after a CC file sync from iPad to desktop? Seems like you'd want to start from a high resolution/capability of raster ppi on thre iPad app if a user ever wants to create rich effects on the desktop. This would probably retain integrity when going back and forth bewteen devices.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The raster effects resolution can be changed at any given time on the desktop version and has no effects whatsoever on the iPad version.

So in fact it doesn't matter how you set it up on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you set up your canvas select Print at the top menu and then choose points for your unit and then set width and height to 300.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting a useful answer. Can you (or anyone else) please explain why this works for those of us who don't know? Thanks a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create files for a laser. When I send the file to my laser or the file to those who purchase it, it is too small. What good is the program on iPad if you can't use it effectively? You can't send a PDF in place of an SVG. How come other apps let you change the ppi? Why can't Adobe figure this out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread has turned into a thread with abusive comments toward the Expert who is giving correct and factual answers. It is now locked.

Please remember to follow the Community Guidelinses to be kind and respectful. Otherwise, you risk being banned by staff from the forums.

janee_0-1689337776899.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines