• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to I change the default star shape to 9 points?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Illustrator for the iPad after getting the pencil. I am still learning. The one thing I wanted to start with is to change the properties of the star shape from 5 to 9 points. Easy to do in the full version of Illustrator, but impossible on the iPad. I did not find a property where you can change the number of points to 9. How do I do this specifically? How do I get to the properties for all tools? And how do I get specific help regarding the iPad app from the iPad app without getting lost in the wilderness? I really would like to get a reply to this asap. Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Home page of Ai on iPad there is a Learn tab. If you select that you will be able to view tutorials specific to the iPad app.

Regarding the properties, unfortunately I don't think we can make those sorts of changes on shapes yet.
Hopefully this is already in progress for addition in future updates.
If you would like to suggest it as a feature though there is a link within the app to Suggest features, you can find it in What's New, then What's coming. From the Home page click on New and upcoming features. This will take you to the Illustrator UserVoice page where you can then make suggestions specifically for the iPad version.

Hope this helps, and doesn't get you lost further in the wilderness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I appreciate that the iPad app would have limitations. I'll suggest improving the options with the star tool because the star (points) in particular has a great variety of symbolic applications including religious ones. I used the desktop Illustrator to create the star I wanted and picked up the image from the cloud in iPad. Sometimes the wilderness is a beautiful place, as long as you don't get lost. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines