• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator for iPad - Mirror mode is lovely but seems fragile?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I love Mirror mode when drawing in Illustrator on the iPad. I've found some quirks

1. It seems I can easily be bounced out of mirror mode, the lines get "set" and then drawing additional lines is back in normal (non-mirrored) mode. I'd like to get back into the same state, with the same mirror axis as before.  Maybe there's a way to do this
  2. it would also be nice to have a visual reference to understand when I'm in mirror mode and not (maybe there is one I am not noticing)
  3. I have been launching mirror mode by selecting a drawn line and finding the mirror mode tool. But my selection creates a set of tools right below the selection, - these seem to obscure the important middle handle of the mirror axis if I want to reposition it left or right
TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

If you want to edit the repeats, you can just double tap them to get into isolation mode and then you can edit.

As for the positioning of the tools, you could report that via the App settings in the Help section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps post screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response!

Regarding my points 1 and 2 above, it looks like the mirror state (axis line) is preserved in the layers, in a layer named <layer repeat>. I was able to re-enter the mirrored drawing state by selecting this layer.    This could use some documentation...

Regarding my point 3 above, I wasn't able to completely reproduce this but here's a screenshot of the point I was trying to make - the handle to drag the axis left or right is very close to the set of tools that appears beneath the selected object.   It seemed that one time I tried this, the handle was actually behind these tools and hard or impossible to select.   But I am quite new to Illustrator on iPad and may have not seen something. At any rate the handle kind of blends in and can be missed even when visible:

SeattlePRS100_0-1604188273500.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to edit the repeats, you can just double tap them to get into isolation mode and then you can edit.

As for the positioning of the tools, you could report that via the App settings in the Help section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It was not obvious to me how to get back into isolation mode but there seem to be a couple ways to do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines