• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import custom brushes on Ipad Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It would be so very helpful if you could add the usage of custom imported brushes in IPad Illustrator in the same way as in desktop version. All fashion designers will definitely be grateful!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Hi all,

Illustrator on the iPad is new and still evolving. Yes, we are working on Brushes and it's on the roadmap. I'd request that if you can take out a moment and share your feedback and thoughts as a feature request here.

Also, please upvote any similar existing requests as well. This would help us in prioritizing.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. I thought I was going crazy when looking for this ability in there. Like SURELY they put an option to upload brushes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go in the app it tells you what Adobe Illustrator is currently working on with the app. One of the things they mentioned is the are working on enhanced brushes so I am hoping that option will come with the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing this on 3/22/2021 and there is still no brush import/create brushes option. You have had this in the Desk Top app for years (and years, and years, and years. I just started a 20.00/ mo plan that I'm locked into for a year for a crippled product. 
5 months. Nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Illustrator on the iPad is new and still evolving. Yes, we are working on Brushes and it's on the roadmap. I'd request that if you can take out a moment and share your feedback and thoughts as a feature request here.

Also, please upvote any similar existing requests as well. This would help us in prioritizing.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing this on 3/22/2021 and there is still no brush import/create brushes option. You have had this in the Desk Top app for years (and years, and years, and years. I just started a 20.00/ mo plan that I'm locked into for a year for a crippled product. 
5 months. Nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you! I was using a surface pro 3 but I just bought an iPad Pro and was all excited about procreate only to find out that there are so many things I can't do, that I can do in illustrator! Then I discovered Illustrator is on the iPad now.. HOORAY!!!  Oh... wait... what??? This isn't illustrator this is Microsoft paint.  

SAD!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is September 2021 and we still can't do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added your comments to the feature request here?

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/931888-illustrator-ipad-feature-requests/suggestions/416825...

In addition, upvoting on the User Voice thread helps the Adobe team to know what to prioritize.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2022 and still no development? Hard to believe it will ever come to fruition, given the YEARS we've now been waiting.  Time to look for another platform, sadly - as a long time user I would prefer to have the confidence that our needs as designers are heard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost two years of uses asking for this and still nothing. Something tells me this feature is never coming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UP UP UP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sept 2022 and still nothing. I found a tutorial to copy and paste individual brushes into individual documents on Illustrator for Ipad, but that's a terrible workaround. The number of brushes on Illustrator for Ipad is a joke - at least if we could import brushes (say, have them live in the cloud), it would be usable, but as it is, it's about as useful to me as MS Paint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointed about the lack of action on this matter. What's the point of having Illustrator on an IPad if I can only use limited functions. Not to mention the lack of "illustration" that can be done without custom brushes. Affinity allows this, maybe I should switch and stop throwing away money.

Any update on this? I want to be able to utilize an Apple Pencil and not have to do everything on my computer. Please respond with an update on this.

Sincerely,

a professional who spends hundreds of dollars on your products every year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iPad is a toy, compared to a real system. And you will quickly notice that when using Affinity applications on it. They have managed to put most of the functionality on the iPad (but not all). The problem is that in order to access so many panels and additional dialog box and buttons and options and stuff, is simply not possible in a usable way on the small screen with the limited input options on the iPad. Yes, you can connect a keyboard to it, but you still have to provide access without a keyboard, because many people don't want to use a keyboard on the iPad.

On top of that concerning the brushes. Affinity Designer can only create pixel based brushes. The only vector brushes in it are calligraphy brushes. All others are pixel based. The pattern brushes that you need for fahsion are not like in Illustrator. They only have one tile in Affinity Designer. The corners are a joke.

This would be a zipper:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-31 um 10.57.28.png

And for the corners you have these options:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-31 um 10.58.25.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-12-31 um 10.58.18.pngBildschirmfoto 2022-12-31 um 10.58.10.png

So basically in Affinity Designer on the iPad you actually have fewer options as in Illustrator on the iPad, because its custom brushes are raster based, the pattern brushes are a joke and scatter brushes are inexistent.

If you want to use your own calligraphy brushes and your art brushes in Illustrator on the iPad, that is possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iQ9LwK0fg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs wise it far from a "toy". I have a fully spec'd out MBP as well as an iPad, and don't think it's unreasonable to expect an app literally named Illustrator to allow you custom brushes to actually create an quality illustration. 

It's just unfortunate, I guess I'll just have to buy a drawing pad instead to use with my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs wise it far from a "toy".

By @EFrontone

I know. It's far more powerful than my Quadra 950 back then (talking about opening a 16 MB image file ...). But the user interface is limited to what you can do with one finger - so yes, the iPad is a toy.

What kind of brushes is it that you want to use on your iPad?

Because if we're talking about illustration and simulating analog media, you should definitely take a look at Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - iPad is for illustration and Illustrator version on iPad is missing most important tools for it!

I recently got an iPad Pro exactly with one goal - to be able to use it for easier illustration in Illustrator and I was just shocked to discover how limited it is. 😞 I particularly miss the ability to use scatter and pattern brushes for my surfcae pattern designs. How can it be that they didn´t include these important tool options yet?? 

I´m trying to find alternative tools or workaround for that, but so far without any success 😞   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now September 2023 and this feature still does not exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buys $1200 IPAD excited to use new Illustrator App

Buys $600 Adobe Subscription

Buys $100 in brushes

Finds out mobile doesn't support brushes

Returns 3 years later to find out it still doesn't support brushes 🙄🙄🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines