• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option key functionality in Illustrator for iPad

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a long time (AI 3.0) user of Illustrator, and a huge fan of  its core toolkit. 

My work depends on the precision AI allows.

A lot of this functionality is gathered to the option key: drawing shapes of a specific size, transformations of a specied angle or size, etc. 

I was excited to finally have an iPad version of AI, and have been trying to use it. But over and over again, I cannot find this core functionality. How do I draw shapes of a specified size or rotate by a specific angle at a specific anchor point, etc?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , How to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

I should add, with the selection tool active, you can click-drag on any of the corner bounding box handles and resize. Or click-drag the "stemmed" handle to rotate. Both actions display smart guide-like numerical data about size and rotation. Not as precise as we're accustomed to, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that kind of on-artboard functionality doesn't yet exist on the iPad. For the time being, the manipulations have to be made from the Porperties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add, with the selection tool active, you can click-drag on any of the corner bounding box handles and resize. Or click-drag the "stemmed" handle to rotate. Both actions display smart guide-like numerical data about size and rotation. Not as precise as we're accustomed to, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines