• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Window menu in Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

missing - File, Edit, Object, Type, Select, Effect, View, Window - and can't get back

I have literally no experience. All the fixes on the Internet say to click on Window to get things back, but that entire top row doesn't show on my screen

I have the student version of Adobe Creative Cloud Illustrator AI, and do not have an option to download the program, so I can't make changes like they suggest that way either

Please help

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my screen looks like

Heavenly35394803few9_0-1708546558652.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you trying to do? Unfortunately at this time Illustrator on the Web does not have the capabilities of the full Desktop version which includes the menu you mention. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jess

My college instructor said to purchase Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps for students from CollegeBuys, so I did. Then in the Projects she assigns, they include things like - 

"Under Window>Workspace, choose
Essentials Classic, then click the Expand
Panels arrow for a full view of
Swatches, Layers and other panels.
Now, View> Rulers>Show Rulers and
View>Smart Guides (turns off). Also under
View, UNcheck Snap to Point."

I can't even begin to follow her directions without the Windows menu.

I tried every possible suggestion I could find on the Internet, but nothing gave me that option.

I was able to complete this assignment by working with shortcuts I found, but I wasn't able to perform all the actions she wanted done, such as 

"Select Window>Pathfinder (FIg A), press
the Minus Front From Shape Modes button
in the Pathfinder panel."

I couldn't find a shortcut to Pathfinder

And I couldn't find a shortcut for Workspace

So is the software my teacher said to buy for students from CollegeBuys a waste of my money?  It is really limited, and does not allow me to download it so that I can work offline, either.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows that you are using Illustrator on the Web Beta. In order to complete the steps you shared, you have to download the Desktop Version of Adobe Illustrator. Here's an article that covers how to download and install Creative Cloud Apps https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-creative-cloud-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jess, I tried again today as you suggest and downloaded the Desktop Version of Adobe Creative Cloud.  Adobe then requires that I buy a version of Creative Cloud in order to use it. I tried Illustrator, and it also requires that I buy it. I have already purchased the student version of  Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps from CollegeBuys. CollegeBuys verified with my school that I was a student. I checked the purchase order, and it says it cannot be used on my desktop. I don't mind using Adobe CC online, but I do need access to the menu options in Illustrator - File, Edit, Object, Type, Select, Effect, View, and Window - in order to follow my teacher's step-by-step instructions to do the projects for my class. Although I have never used Adobe before, and I am learning from scratch, I have been able to turn in a "best I can do" assignment using shortcuts I found on Google and in Adobe, but I cannot find shortcuts in order to complete every step my teacher is asking for. I am working on Windows 11, and do not have an Apple Computer. Unfortunately, my subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud is for a full year, and I hope that I can resolve this frustrating issue sometime before the end of the next 11 months.  Thank you for any help you can give me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend talking to your teacher about this if your computer cannot run the required software for your course. Illustrator on the Web is still in Beta and does not carry the full functionality of Illustrator on the Desktop at this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources
User guide