• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open ICMA files

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting error: This file is already open by another application.  This file may be stored on a network server and cannot be opened until the other user closes it" when trying to open ICMA files.  Either get the error or InCopy crashes.  Have removed and reinstalled InCopy and cleared preferences.  No luck.  This is a Windows 10 Pro system with Adobe Creative Cloud.  Please help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Hi Melissa,

Please check this thread and connect with Aman for further assistance: Can't open .idap file

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the INDD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I do not have access to the InDesign file. Our design agency created the file and we are reviewing the copy in InCopy. The Design agency is able to open the INDD file on their end just fine. There are four people in our office reviewing this file in InCopy, but I am the only one that cannot open it. No one else is having issues, so I think it's a problem with my InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What version of InCopy? What operating system?

You’re not trying to open a package, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign: v 14.0.1 x64 (again, I'm not using InDesign for this file, our design agency is)

InCopy: v 14.0 x 64

No, I'm not opening a package. I'm accessing the InCopy file from a Dropbox that is downloaded onto my desktop. Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open other assignments? If this is happening with all files or just this one?

Have you tried trashing your preferences in InCopy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to open other assignments. I haven't found any sort of pattern or rhyme/reason a handful of them won't open.

I've trashed my preferences and uninstalled/reinstalled twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Melissa,

Please check this thread and connect with Aman for further assistance: Can't open .idap file

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines