• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

16.1?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently InDesign 16.1 has been released, but I can't manage to get my Creative Cloud app to see it. It is still saying that 16.0.2 is the latest version. I have done all the steps in this article, to no avail:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

Has 16.1 actually been released to the public? The shrunken icon is driving me crazy. I'm also praying they fixed the option-drag duplication bug that also drives me insane more or less daily, but I'm not gettting my hopes up... How has it taken years to fix that bug??!?!? But I digress.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

InDesign 16.1 was indeed released to the public this past Thursday, January 28 on both Windows and MacOS.

Make sure your Creative Cloud Desktop application is current and then force it to look for new updates and it should find the InDesign update by now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello garyr98135419

Try this.... go to CC > apps...........

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 5.34.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 5.35.22 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Edited: Sorry, I miss read the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 16.1 has NOT been released to InDesign users.

It's still in testing in the InDesign Prerelease program. I has quite a few bug fixes but you won't see it unless you're in the InDesign Prerelease program (so don't worry!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah Ok, I was confused by these release notes:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-notes.html

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understandably! It's likely to come out in the next day or two though. Check back by doing Check for Updates on the Creative Cloud app. Must have gotten delayed a couple days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 16.1 was indeed released to the public this past Thursday, January 28 on both Windows and MacOS.

Make sure your Creative Cloud Desktop application is current and then force it to look for new updates and it should find the InDesign update by now!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All updated here, Dov and 16.1 is only showing up in prerelease for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov,

It doesn't appear to be released in the US yet. I also see it in Prerelease, but not when I force the Creative Cloud desktop app. (I force update Creative Cloud desktop frequently.)

They've done a regional roll-out before, and it appears they're doing it again this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. Updated on my systems and my systems are not controlled by Adobe IT. Maybe I was offered the 16.1 updates because my Default install language is English תומך עברית!

That having been said, the internal documents I saw indeed announced general rollout of 16.1 last Thursday. Apparently, “operations” must have decided to throttle this by country.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted on Prerelease about the confusion, hopefully the Prerelease Team will respond.

I quite dislike having rollouts regionally (which they've done before) because it just causes confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe Laubender reports from Germany that 16.1 is NOT available from the Creative Cloud app for him as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign Prerelease replied back:

"We have actually made 16.1 live in four countries only that are Australia, Hong Kong, India and Netherlands. We are doing phased roll out this time and would be making it live very soon in other countries, would let all of you know once we make it live in all countries."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more piece of information: When released for you, the build number is 16.1.0.20 (slightly different than the last Prerelease build).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines