• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Rows or columns to table makes table larger (beginner)

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed online tutorials on how to create a table.  When I add a table or row to my table, it just adds it to the side or bottom of the shape, making in larger instead of adding it WITHIN the table as i've seen online.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Another option (that keeps your table size) is the choose a column, and select Split Cells Vertically to make one column into two, or choose a row and select Split Cells Horizontally to make one row into two.

You will get unevenly sized rows and columns across your table, but you can choose Distribute (Row or Column) Evenly to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

insert row.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have your desired number of columns and rows, you can resize the table by grabbing the lower-right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option (that keeps your table size) is the choose a column, and select Split Cells Vertically to make one column into two, or choose a row and select Split Cells Horizontally to make one row into two.

You will get unevenly sized rows and columns across your table, but you can choose Distribute (Row or Column) Evenly to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on a row with the text tool. Go to Table menu > Insert Row. You'll then have the option to add a row above or below the row you clicked in. See screen shot below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

insert row.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines