• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ampersand (&) gets doubled in GREP Style?

Advocate ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC 2019 (14.01), and I have a GREP style applied to a paragraph style, the pattern contains an ampersand (e.g. 'This & that').

I've been having intermittent problems where the pattern suddenly changes unexpectedly to 'This && that'. I even tried escaping the ampersand ('This \& that'), but it still changed the style. It doesn't seem to do it all the time, but I can't determine under what circumstances it made the change. I tried making a new document and entering a new style, and it changed it after I created the style, but I was unable to repeat it on subsequent tries.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way for me to be sure it won't change when I send the job to the printer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

When things like this act strange, the Unicode notations usually save my back. That said, try \x{0026} instead of &.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When things like this act strange, the Unicode notations usually save my back. That said, try \x{0026} instead of &.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. That seems to work, hope it stays that way this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines