• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchoring images to different pages

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to anchor an image to a location in the text on a different page than where the image appears?

I am creating a document, with accessibility in mind, and so wish to anchor all my images to their respective locations in the text.  However because of the sizes of some images they can not all appear on one page.  Some have to be moved to the next page or another page.  When I try to anchor an image from a different page, the image then jumps back to that page where the anchor is being placed and cannot be moved off that page.  If anchoring will not work how can I connecting an image to the text that it is referring to it in the reading order of the accessible pdf while having an image on another page? 

TOPICS
How to , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is it possible to anchor an image to a location in the text on a different page than where the image appears?"

Yes. As long as this page shares the same spread with the anchor position.

There are three different anchor methods: Inline, Above Line, Anchored.

Do not use Inline and Above Line so you are as flexible as InDesign allows.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I understand.  So anchoring to a different spread wouldn't work?  
I have a magazine like layout, with a title page master, and then use a different master page set up for the rest of the file.  so Page 1, then 2|3, 4|5 etc.  The title page has two references to images, but only one image fits.  I am trying to anchor the second image from page 2 to page 1 so that for accessibility purposes the reading order stays semantic once a pdf is generated.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I understand. So anchoring to a different spread wouldn't work?"

Exactly. The same issue came up in this thread about an hour ago; read what Bevi Chagnon - PubCom has to say:

Accessibility and figures
Tracy5DA4, an hour ago
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/accessibility-and-figures/td-p/12210813

Vote for this feature request at InDesign UserVoice:
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/41552164-ab...

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!  thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines