• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arabic Fixed layout ePub font issues in InDesign 2020

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've noticed an issue when exporting fixed layout ePubs from InDesign in Arabic. This is not the case in CC2018, so I'm wondering if there was a change in the way fonts are rendered since that version. Here is a screenshot of the problem I'm facing. CC2018 had its own issues with the ePub export, but it was usable to a certain extent. Any guidance on how to fix this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This is definitely not a typical experience with the application. Could you please share a sample InDesign file where we can replicate this behavior? Also, please confirm which EPUB reader are you working on?

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a page from the file I was trying to export. Oddly, it publishes online just fine. This behavior seems to happen only with Fixed layout epubs, even if I use default fonts. This was not the case in indesign cc2018.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_CKjIg1w9ZzIj1S1WgT1OtMfjNoElxMq/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the above, i'm testing this for iBooks on the mac and ipad since those are my target apps for release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am facing the same issue with Indesign 2020 and have the same results, kindly share any solution with me mamoun380@gmail.com, Below are Indesign and Epub files. Thank you

Files:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqAaCm6tSEVLgZQjZ3uQwe5xAMRqbg?e=cL31he

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

This is a known issue and is being worked on by Adobe. If you haven't already, please visit this bug report page and up-vote it to add your voice. 

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41322403-arabic-exporte...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines