• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automated Text placement from external file?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t know if this will be possible with InDesign but maybe someone can help me with that.

I would like to create a personalized Magazine. The Customer can select what topics to be in there and I just have to click some checkboxes (maybe Excel file) and it will create the Magazine, without having to copy/paste every single text into the magazine file.

What I imagine: 

All my text blocks are stored in an extra file (Excel?Word?Other?) and I´m able to select the ones I need just by clicking a checkbox.

These checked text blocks will then be automatically filled into my InDesign layout.

So for e.g. Checkbox Textblock 1 checked will automatically put this text into the InDesign file where I´ve Linked Texblock 1.

Hope that makes sense of what I try to achieve.

Help on this is much appreciated. Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Maybe a drop-down scrollable text list might offer this facility in a way, using HTML5, such as InDesign's Publish Online, though you have to be online to use it and you can't monetise it.

Alternatively, the InDesign plugin (at extra cost) in5 could do this: https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/features.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe a drop-down scrollable text list might offer this facility in a way, using HTML5, such as InDesign's Publish Online, though you have to be online to use it and you can't monetise it.

Alternatively, the InDesign plugin (at extra cost) in5 could do this: https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/features.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines