Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Break table cell in one text frame

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I think it is known that InDesign cannot break table cells across multiple text frames. I still wanted to ask if anyone has a solution how to force a break in a table cell.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
David

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your voice to the TOP-1 feature request on indesign.uservoice.com and post there post with many angry words about Adobe engineers that ignore this request already 20+ years. I don't have any kind words why they don't add this feature. 

Adobe, shame on you! This is TOP #1 feature request of your users many years already.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doable via scripting - but I'm not sure if there is anything for free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/plagin-skript-virtualnogo-razryva-jacheek-pri-ix-peretekanii-mezhdu-s... - free. But using of this script needs to be done after all of works with publication. Any new changes will be a tragedy! 

I'm not repeat. Not repeat, really: Adobe, shame on you!

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plus one not a free script - https://dotextok.ru/allscripts/platnye/delenie-stroki-tablitsy-po-gorizontali-cs6

(this script can merge again divided strokes after changes) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines