• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons and Hyperlinks not working in Publish Online

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have previously created many interactive documents and incorporated buttons and hyperlinks with no issue, but recently all of my published projects do not have working buttons or links. I haven't changed anything in regards to my process or settings, but the links and buttons are mysteriously not working. I've tried this in multiple browsers and even tried uploading previous projects and the links that were okay in the old uploads are no longer working. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I have a client waiting for a huge job and cant' send them anything to look at because they can't click through object states to see the content in the document. Help!! thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Hi bg79267069,

I know this is no proofing device for Publish Online, but you could check the basic functionality of object states in MSOs with the EPUB Interactivity Preview Panel that one can use for Fixed Layout EPUBs.

If the MSO's object states will work in that panel there is something wrong with either your export function to Publish Online or the Publish Online service itself.

What's your version of InDesign?

What's your operating system?

( If Mac OS are you running InDesign on one of th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Sorry, that I insist: Your InDesign version is 16.1.0.20?

And even if you do a new document with a single MSO and one button that controls the object states, Publish Online will not work for you? Could you post a URL of such a publish online document so that I can test the functionality? Just a page with a single MSO, two or three states and a button to walk through the states…

FWIW: Just did a sample doc with one MSO and a button that is working as expected with Publish Online:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/38e2bf0e-21f5-495a-8d62-194ae29d80b0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bg79267069,

I know this is no proofing device for Publish Online, but you could check the basic functionality of object states in MSOs with the EPUB Interactivity Preview Panel that one can use for Fixed Layout EPUBs.

If the MSO's object states will work in that panel there is something wrong with either your export function to Publish Online or the Publish Online service itself.

What's your version of InDesign?

What's your operating system?

( If Mac OS are you running InDesign on one of the new Macs with M1 chips? )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 2017 Macbook running Catalina. 

The problem is not with the build or functionality. Everything works fine in the EPUB preview. I even have documents that were uploaded before the problem started and work fine, but if I open that same file and publish it now the buttons and links are dead. So I can look at a page uploaded a month ago and the buttons are fine, but that same exact page uploaded now doesn't work. Something is happening in the export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as deleted all of my preferences. The problem persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, that I insist: Your InDesign version is 16.1.0.20?

And even if you do a new document with a single MSO and one button that controls the object states, Publish Online will not work for you? Could you post a URL of such a publish online document so that I can test the functionality? Just a page with a single MSO, two or three states and a button to walk through the states…

FWIW: Just did a sample doc with one MSO and a button that is working as expected with Publish Online:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/38e2bf0e-21f5-495a-8d62-194ae29d80b0

I'm on the German InDesign 2021 version 16.1.0.20 on Windows 10.

Testing was done with Firefox on Windows 10.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines