Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call to strike on Adobe Forum

Guide ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear,

I have just realized that everything from the French forum has just been... Obliterated...

Yet another nonsense! Are you nuts Adobe?

As we say in France, this is "the drop of water that has made the vase overflow".

You seem to consider that our voice is not important enough to respond to the Community...

So, as far as I'm concerned, I will not spend one more minute of my time helping other people and trying to make them like your products. Why would I want to do that if all the shared knowledge could be unilateraly deleted?

I'm on strike and I request every ACP, MVP and valuable member to do the same thing.

When your dying forum will be completely dead, maybe you'll find the time to listen to the Community...

Not my best regards,

Vinny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a peer group forum, you are not addressing Adobe on here, just your fellow users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Vinny addresses to us, 'fellow users', actually.
Because it makes little sense (if any) of trying to talk to Adobe. They live in a different world.
I'm with you, Vinny.
Signing off right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you're both right.

I'm adressing my fellow users with, I must admit it, the secret hope that someone from Adobe staff (@Sujatha_Reddy, @Om Nath Jha or whoever) would read my post.

Stop posting valuable answers appears to be the only way in order to get things moving.

Not just me of course, I'm not so valuable ^^

But if you Derek, as an ACP, can raise Community voice in some other way, please do it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the old Jive forums are not completely gone—just the Google links are not working.

This link gets me to the archived InDesign English forum, and it looks like I can search from there:

https://forums.adobe.com/community/indesign//content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~objecttype~sh...

This gets me to the scripting archive:

https://forums.adobe.com/community/indesign/indesign_scripting//content?filterID=contentstatus[publi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, I posted a similar thing, can\t find it now. Nice links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

the first of your links is working for me, I see an overview page of the old Jive InDesign forum.

However the second one is redirecting me to the new InDesign forum.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This link gets me to the archived InDesign English forum"

Damn, finding items in my Jive-forum Inbox from just 6 days ago is a true Twilight Zone moment. The old forum's pulse is thready but palpable. Can't help wondering what else we've missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear fellow members of the Adobe community.

Please support this action by answering questions only with private messages.

Let's make this forum silent until Adobe deigns to wake up.

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're now infiltrated by spammers with crap emails selling Sheraton hotel bathrooms and a Cyprus winery -- today's crap to sift through.

It really is a very poorly designed forum interface.

• Has drastically reduced my ability to contribute, espeially follow up on a thread. I just can't find the conversations.
  • Can't skim down a list that shows the most recent posts in the forums I watch.
  • And let's not discuss the Reply buttons. Don't have the time for that!

Does anyone know why Adobe canned the old Jive forum and moved to this piece of junk software?

Did they do any research with the MVPs, ACPs, and valued members about what was needed? You know, a typical user survey or functionality statement?

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lots of people had complaints about Jive, so I think generally the news of the move to a new platform was cautiously well received. But I don't think anyone anticipated it being released with this many holes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines