Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export jpg from InDesign to external drive

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so weird.

I am unable to export an InDesign CC file (latest version) as a .jpg to an external SSD. I can export it as a .jpg to my internal drive just fine. This issue is exclusive to InDesign -- Photoshop, for example, exports .jpg files to the external volume just fine.

Also, exporting PDF files from InDesign to the external drive works fine.

I'm running Big Sur on an Intel MacBook Pro.

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

I'm not sure why that's happening, but I've heard several people on this forum say that they like the quality of jpegs better when they start as InDesign PDFs converted to jpeg in Photoshop over jpegs exported directly from InDesign. Have you considered PDFing your InDesign work and using a Photoshop action or droplet to save jpegs to your external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure why that's happening, but I've heard several people on this forum say that they like the quality of jpegs better when they start as InDesign PDFs converted to jpeg in Photoshop over jpegs exported directly from InDesign. Have you considered PDFing your InDesign work and using a Photoshop action or droplet to save jpegs to your external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines