• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Type Devanagari Conjunct Characters WITH World-Ready Composer On + Hindi as Document Language

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! The title pretty much says it all. I have listed three examples below with the correct Sanskrit and their Latin transliteration, as well as screenshots of what InDesign incorrectly outputs. (and this is with world-ready composer on and Hindi as the document language, which are the only two solutions I have found suggested online)

aaditya आदित्य

ūrjas ऊर्जस्

aiśya ऐश्य

Note that I was able to partially correct aaditya आदित्य by incorrectly typing the order of 'd' and 'i', but still cannot fix the conjunct.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.21.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.21.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.21.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.22.02 PM.png

Thank you in advance for the help!!

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

May this is an issue of ligatures, either it is switched off or the ligatures are absent in that font. I copied and pasted your text into an Indesign document, applied Arial Unicode MS font, and set the World Ready composer and the result seems to be fine, see the attached screenshot

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 10.22.34 AM.png

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines